By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - games that are loved that you think are bad?

This is a lot more difficult than the other one: "which games do you love that people hate."

I find that there are many more underrated games than overrated ones. I don't think I can list any beloved games I consider bad. Maybe the original Smash Bros.?

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

This is a lot more difficult than the other one: "which games do you love that people hate."

I find that there are many more underrated games than overrated ones. I don't think I can list any beloved games I consider bad. Maybe the original Smash Bros.?

i agree, but all you need to do to answer this question is to play batman  

but seriously you never played a game that people will going crazy about and you went what the fuck are people excited about? 

i cant answer this as i dont play bad games

Halo
honestly I dont know why people love this game..theres not one thing that I would consider mentioning

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Final Fantasy 9 - This game had a lot of fluff in it, the story was just not very interesting. It was bland and unimaginative compared to Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8, and 10. FF9 was essentially the only Final Fantasy in the first 10 games that didn't really do anything brave or cutting edge. It was also the first Final Fantasy game that had a sparse world, and wide gaps of uninteresting stuff. The wide gaps of grinding and uninteresting stuff would be seen again in Final Fantasy 12 and 13. Final Fantasy 9 was essentially the first Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Eternal Darkness - Not sure why people liked this, it was one of the most clunky and poorly balanced games I have come across since the 8-bit era. It had the insanity meter, but it was very poorly implemented and was essentially just a bad gimmick that didn't add to the game.

Madworld - I think this game was interesting to look at for about 5 minutes, but then over the next couple of hours or so that I played, it just reeked of lacking any sort of depth. This game got a lot of praise, but it was really just not very interesting unless you have the "Wow! Blood! AHAHAH AHAHAHA" mentality of Beavis from Beavis and Butthead.

Gran Turismo - This is a very slow paced game about cars. Sorry, but you really have to have a sort of a hillbilly enthusiasm for cars to enjoy this game. This game is about looking at cars and fixing up cars to race with terrible controls that are justified being terrible because they're "accurate to real life!" I mean, what the s***! This is a videogame, no one controls a car with a d-pad. This game is a nightmarishly boring concept.

Metroid Prime series - This game just looked nice, but otherwise it felt like playing just a really shiny version of Turok Dinosaur Hunter with a very empty world, and very clunky controls. People tried to justify the slow and clunky nature of the game by saying "It's a first person adventure, not a first person shooter!" I just don't buy it, adventure games don't have to be slow and clunky, and Metroid games were anything BUT slow or clunky in the past. They added some story stuff to Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii, but even that story was just pukingly stale tasting, and the gameplay experience of the game did not seem at all improved over the first game. I wasn't a fan of Twilight Princess, but I liked Twilight Princess better than these games. This game series might not be "crap" but the amount of praise this games gets is fairly crappy.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Bioshock 2 (didn't play 1)
Batman AC (fan-service was nice but all i could think of to praise the game was: it looks good...)
GTA SA and IV (you consider that having fun?)

bananaking21 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

i agree, but all you need to do to answer this question is to play batman  

but seriously you never played a game that people will going crazy about and you went what the fuck are people excited about? 

Well, I can definitely name some games I think are overrated -- Metal Gear Solid 2, Portal, Dragon Age -- but I still consider those games to be excellent.

But I can't think of a single game that the majority loves that I think is lousy.

bananaking21 said:
RolStoppable said:
Indie games - all of them.

even limbo?

It's funny you say that, because Limbo is the most disappointing indie game I've ever played

Sal.Paradise said:
bananaking21 said:
RolStoppable said:
Indie games - all of them.

even limbo?

It's funny you say that, because Limbo is the most disappointing indie game I've ever played

nooooo i loved that game! 

Wagram said:
Trails in the Sky would probably be my latest entry. People have praised it, but the combat is easy, the story is uninteresting, and I overall don't find it to be 'great.'

It's not a bad game, the characters are cool, and the dialogue is hilarious, but overall it's just not engaging me. The story is very on and off again. 30 hours in.

Is this the PSP game? I have been quite tempted to play it...

It seems not hating any big franchises makes me the exception rather than the normal. There are loads that I am not a fan off, but generally I can see that they have good qualities