By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - games that are loved that you think are bad?

Halo - All of them
Killzone - all of them
Every other FPS except for counter strike

I HATE FPS GAMES

Around the Network
LinkVPit said:
GTA. Bad combat controls. All the 3D games are the same bar the cities name. Every mission is a variation of drive to A, follow B, kill C, repeat for 20 hours.

2D games were fun though.

Can't agree with you more. You even missed one very very bad thing about the 3D versions, driving the cars!!!!

Munkeh111 said:

You just listed tons of games which aren't big games

No offense there guy, but I'm really not even sure what point it is you're trying to make. I was under the assumption that the point of this thread was people naming popular games/franchise that they didn't personally care for. And I did that. That doesn't mean in any way shape or form that I only like the "big releases", at least from your point of view, put out by Nintendo. It means that my gaming tastes have never fit what the modern fad currently is, which is mainly various forms of shooters.

It just so happens that I don't care for most modern FPS games, nor have I ever cared for Grand Theft Auto, even in it's 2D overhead form, nor do I really care for crap like Uncharted or Gears, etc. God of War isn't HORRIBLE, but it's mainly the character of Kratos himself, and how ridiculously "manly" and uber angry he is at all times.....it's so over the top (with stupid shit like the "fuck some slaves to get your health back" bonus rounds), that it was just unenjoyable for me. Too many games today have the "shoot stuff, find cover, pop back up and shoot stuff some more" element going on. It just gets boring. Even the new Tomb Raider has touches of that for shit's sake.

Regardless, excuse me for saying so, but no, quite a lot of the games I listed were "big releases", at least in terms of gamer anticipation.

Toodles.

DevilRising said:
Munkeh111 said:

You just listed tons of games which aren't big games

No offense there guy, but I'm really not even sure what point it is you're trying to make. I was under the assumption that the point of this thread was people naming popular games/franchise that they didn't personally care for. And I did that. That doesn't mean in any way shape or form that I only like the "big releases", at least from your point of view, put out by Nintendo. It means that my gaming tastes have never fit what the modern fad currently is, which is mainly various forms of shooters.

It just so happens that I don't care for most modern FPS games, nor have I ever cared for Grand Theft Auto, even in it's 2D overhead form, nor do I really care for crap like Uncharted or Gears, etc. God of War isn't HORRIBLE, but it's mainly the character of Kratos himself, and how ridiculously "manly" and uber angry he is at all times.....it's so over the top (with stupid shit like the "fuck some slaves to get your health back" bonus rounds), that it was just unenjoyable for me. Too many games today have the "shoot stuff, find cover, pop back up and shoot stuff some more" element going on. It just gets boring. Even the new Tomb Raider has touches of that for shit's sake.

Regardless, excuse me for saying so, but no, quite a lot of the games I listed were "big releases", at least in terms of gamer anticipation.

Toodles.

Agree to disagree

Dishonored.

It was cool for about 5 hours, then I thought to myself - "Wow this game sucks" and turned it off. I was super hyped for the game too. What a gigantic let-down.