By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - games that are loved that you think are bad?

lol The Walking Dead

Around the Network

Trails in the Sky would probably be my latest entry. People have praised it, but the combat is easy, the story is uninteresting, and I overall don't find it to be 'great.'

It's not a bad game, the characters are cool, and the dialogue is hilarious, but overall it's just not engaging me. The story is very on and off again. 30 hours in.

Wagram said:
Trails in the Sky would probably be my latest entry. People have praised it, but the combat is easy, the story is uninteresting, and I overall don't find it to be 'great.'

It's not a bad game, the characters are cool, and the dialogue is hilarious, but overall it's just not engaging me. The story is very on and off again. 30 hours in.

The first game in LoH6 is just an introduction to the new setting and yeah, it was a little cheesy and not at all serious until the very very end. Some might even be misled and turned off from the series by it. The second and third games were oh so amazing though... then it continues to grow in the two LoH7 games.

Horrorfest said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
COD and Halo

I hate you.

On topic:

Assassin's Creed 1: sucks hard. Just a lame tech demo. Wish I never wasted time with it.

Gears of War: It's not a bad game by any means but it's very dull and the characters and story are VERY generic.

Just about every GTA game: Again not bad but generic and dull. Especially 4 which was really boring. 

Dead Space 2: Loved the first game too bad the 2nd was such a huge step down. I liked the story and that was it.

how the hell did i get those 2 threads mixedup. editing original post.

uncharted 2 and 3 story line hasnt matured after DF, moved to more cinematic experience liked there MP though
infamous
killzone
DMC
bioshock
LBP
assassins creed
grand turismo
any RPG

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
uncharted 2 and 3 story line hasnt matured after DF, moved to more cinematic experience liked there MP though
infamous
killzone
DMC
bioshock
LBP
assassins creed
grand turismo
any RPG

You're now on my hit list. Congrats. See you soon. 

Skyrim, felt like I was playing a single player mmo, world is dumb, stories are boring and predictable....ugh. The praise for it drove me mad...people kept saying it was like playing in a real world, mmo's should copy.

Mario 3D Land: Easiest, and most boring platformer I've ever played in my life. Makes me weary about getting other 3D Mario games for the 3ds.

Pokemon White: I hated seeing my stupid "friends" every freaking turn...I absolutely hated the boy if they removed him I might have got passed the desert in that game.

Borderlands, Mass Effect and Darksiders 1...all these just bored me very quickly.

jake_the_fake1 said:

I don't get the love for Halo, it's not that I hate the franchise, it's just that nothing about it is special to me despite everyone peeing their pants when a Halo game is gonna be released.. I've played shooters out there which to me are so much better.

Halo has things which don't appeal to me or simply rub me the wrong way.
1) Art style, I just don't like the art style, why does everything feel so neon, the colour pallet is just not right for the supposed seriousness of the game, if Halo was meant to be a funny wacky shooter like Serious sam or time splitters, then I'd understand and have no issue with it. I mean imagine if gears of wars characters were all of a sudden given a more colourful pallet, the seriousness of the game would turn comical. I'm not saying turn Halo all shades of brown and grey, but at least have a much more muted pallet to reflect the grittiness of being a soldier in war.

2) Story on the Halo games is a bore, Master chief feels almost like the incarnation of Duke Nukem, Awesome American kicking ass with those alien scumbag. In my opinion they need to humanise him a bit. Then comes the Halo universe, the more I read it, the more I get the Vibe of Starcraft, at times it literally feels like Starcraft in FPS mode but starcraft having the killer art style in comparison. But I suppose we play Halo for it's awesome gameplay right...

3) I'll say it out right, the controls suck, and to me it breaks the gameplay, they feel forced, sure you can get used to them, and people seem to love them, but why not habve the awesome controls that Killzone, COD and BF have on console, it's standardised for a reason, cuz it works, it's the same for PC almost 99% of PC shooter have the same control scheme, so why must halo fuck with it.

Point 1 and 3 are my main gripes with the Halo games which I think make it a bad game and yet people love.

One of the most enjoyable shooter I've enjoyed this gen is Singularity, I loved the story, and I loved the gameplay, while it was a shooter at heart had abilities which made shooting more fun. Also the multiplayer was so much fun. This game wasn't perfect as clearly it needed a bit more spit and shine, and yet to me the art style and gameplay just clicked with me. Same goes for killzone franchise, COD franchise, and BF franchise.

What?! What??!! What???!!! Halo has a great story and characters compared to most shallow FPS out their it is what makes it so popular.

OT: I hate all Assassins Creed after II. GTA IV was a let down. I also didn't like Super Mario 3D Land, that game was crap for a 3D Mario. Also Paper Mario Sticker Star was the biggest dissapointment of the century

COD HALO AND ASSASSINS CREED all in caps!