By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Greatest User Tournament 2012 - The Winner!

Congrats amp, I'm happy for you :)

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Oh yeah, and I think for next years competition you should drastically change the entire format.

I think the format is fine and fun but I think we should start with less members to shorten it a little.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
man-bear-pig said:
Oh yeah, and I think for next years competition you should drastically change the entire format.

I think the format is fine and fun but I think we should start with less members to shorten it a little.

I think that everything was great.  Trucks and moreno didn't miss a single day which is impressive.  As good as Seece was at running this contest, it would sometimes go nearly into April...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

A greatest user tournament should be a positive thing for all involved, but the current layout means it's quite negative in the fact that you have to give people 1 point etc. and during my round for example, people who hadn't previously voted in the tournament came in just to give me 1 point.

The best format for a competition like this (which I've seen work well on another forum), is if every user submitted a list of their 20 favourite users (their fave gets 20 points and their 20th fave gets 1 point) and then the top 100 are presented in a countdown style, so it would last quite a while too. No offence to Seecemond, but the current format of this comp sucks ass imo.

congrats amp. it seems ninty fans win these things more often then not. even the best new user winners were ninty fans.

with the exception of M.B.P.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
What was the other forum?^

The international coalition of Men, Bears and Pigs (forum section).

pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
congrats amp. it seems ninty fans win these things more often then not. even the best new user winners were ninty fans.

Kresnik is synonymous with Playstation!

What did mbp win?

didn't he win one of those best new user tournaments? 

what did kresnik win?

Congratulations are definitely in order Amp. You're a great guy, an irreplaceable member, and most important of all, a great friend. Can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for you! ^_^

Also, I couldn't be happier that I tied with AxumBlade. I think that's pretty darn neat. Another stellar member and a guy I can call a friend. Once again a thanks is in order for giving me a chance to help out and join your crew.

And thanks to those who gave me your vote, not just this past round but all the rounds before it. It's very humbling and surreal to see that you guys thought I was worthy to be named VGChartz's greatest user. I hope we have an even better 2013! #^_^#

pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Kresnik is synonymous with Playstation!

What did mbp win?

didn't he win one of those best new user tournaments? 

what did kresnik win?

NinPie won the 2011 New User Tournament (the year that MBP joined)

Kresnik won the 2012 one.

well you'll be in charge of my memory for this sort of thing. 

You all disgust me for not voting Kantor to the quarter finals.

Right now, Kantor is at home crying like a little girl.

OT: congrats to the winner, who should really get with the times and get the superior HD version of his current avatar.

Smeags and Axum.... what should I say. Losing in the finals or getting kicked out in round 3, it doesn't really matter right ? We're all winners somehow... just not here.

- End of speech