By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Activision Upset at Black Ops II Wii U Sales, Says Nintendo Fans Are All Talk

Barozi said:
curl-6 said:
Barozi said:
curl-6 said:
Barozi said:

Not really there are more levels with framerate problems. It dips frequently to something in the 30s.

Technically it's definitely an inferior version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

A framerate in the thirties is perfectly playable, it doesn't become a problem until it frequently drops into the low twenties and below.

And I'll take pointer and gamepad control over such differences, so I'd still call the U version superior.

No, a framerate going frequently from 60 to 30 and back to 60 is a very noticable problem.
Obviously it's still playable, but worse than a consistent framerate even if it was locked at 30FPS.

Not as big a problem as the lack of either pointer or gamepad play.

which is A) subjective and B) has nothing to do with my initial point as I merely said that it's definitely inferior on a technical level.

I never said I was being technical. I said that I didn't consider relatively minor technical differences as significant as more gameplay-orientated differences. It's even arguable whether it's even technically inferior, as one could bring up the higher amount of pixels pushed due to the Gamepad display.

Around the Network
Rab said:

Self fulfilling prophecy, don't put 3rd party games on Nintendo systems, you don't develop an ecosystem of fans of third party games on Nintendo systems

All those years of neglect have created this situation, only solution is to fully support Nintendo consoles to build the fan base, even if it hurts

I totally agree, Nintendo had an eco system, but because of the way Nintendo dealt with third parties (in not only a business fashion but also a technical one) Sony and later Microsoft courted them away by working with them rather than telling them what to do and forcing them to work around them. Fans of the third party titles followed suit. Nintendos competition increased the games and the technical development scale and Nintendo consoles since then have been primarily first party dependent since then. I totally agree.

SuperMarioWorld said:

If the next COD has both a PS3/360 and PS4/720 version the PS4/720 versions will do similar numbers as the Wii U. Most people play COD with mates. It's largely a social experience. So unless your mates all get a PS4/720 at launch hardly anyone will get that version. A huge reason I'm so addicted to COD is cause I enjoy chatting with my mates while playing a few rounds of SnD.  

Lets make a bet right now that the next COD that launches with consoles that launch PS4/720 will sell better than the Wii U version. The Wii has sold nearly 100 million consoles and yet it still cant reach two million smoothly for COD. 

curl-6 said:
Barozi said:

which is A) subjective and B) has nothing to do with my initial point as I merely said that it's definitely inferior on a technical level.

I never said I was being technical. I said that I didn't consider relatively minor technical differences as significant as more gameplay-orientated differences. It's even arguable whether it's even technically inferior, as one could bring up the higher amount of pixels pushed due to the Gamepad display.

Then why did you reply to me that the framerate doesn't matter as long as it's not in the low 20s ?
Obviously you were technical at that point, so why do you go on to quote me to say something off-topic ? If you weren't being technical then how could I be the target of your replies ?

That's like me quoting you just to say "Not as big a problem as that it's the worst CoD I've ever played" (which I think it is and I've played them all. So which version is superior and which is inferior matters as much to me as the difference between Ninja Gaiden 3 and NG3 Razor's Edge. Both are crappy.)

Barozi said:
curl-6 said:
Barozi said:

Then why did you reply to me that the framerate doesn't matter as long as it's not in the low 20s ?
Obviously you were technical at that point, so why do you go on to quote me to say something off-topic ? If you weren't being technical then how could I be the target of your replies ?

That's like me quoting you just to say "Not as big a problem as that it's the worst CoD I've ever played" (which I think it is and I've played them all. So which version is superior and which is inferior matters as much to me as the difference between Ninja Gaiden 3 and NG3 Razor's Edge. Both are crappy.)

Replying to a post of yours doesn't bind me to only discuss points already brought up in that post. It was still on topic; the differences between the versions and which is "better".

Around the Network

I don't recall talking about wanting to buy COD on any platform, never mind a Nintendo one.

VGChartz

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SuperMarioWorld said:

If the next COD has both a PS3/360 and PS4/720 version the PS4/720 versions will do similar numbers as the Wii U. Most people play COD with mates. It's largely a social experience. So unless your mates all get a PS4/720 at launch hardly anyone will get that version. A huge reason I'm so addicted to COD is cause I enjoy chatting with my mates while playing a few rounds of SnD.  

Lets make a bet right now that the next COD that launches with consoles that launch PS4/720 will sell better than the Wii U version. The Wii has sold nearly 100 million consoles and yet it still cant reach two million smoothly for COD. 

Yeh I'm down. So you think the next COD will sell more copies on either the PS4 or 720 than the Wii U? I think all 3 consoles will sell shit all however the Wii U will sell more because of the larger user base at the time.

Wii and Wii U users don't buy third-party games... that's already knew... but after something like Rayman happens the crybabies thinks they deserves more respect from third-party.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

ethomaz said:
Wii and Wii U users don't buy third-party games... that's already knew... but after something like Rayman happens the crybabies thinks they deserves more respect from third-party.

Not sure if you've actually read this thread.  The crybabies here are Activision, alledgedly.

"RUMOR"...nuff said.