By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Activision Upset at Black Ops II Wii U Sales, Says Nintendo Fans Are All Talk

No one buys Nintendo consoles for 3rd party games (unless there exclusive).

And few bought WiiU.

It just wouldn't make sense to buy WiiU for CoD or vice versa because all your friends would be on PS3/360 still and it's all about playing with your friends.

It is true though, I was often frustrated on Wii when really good 3rd party efforts came out and sold abysmally.

Around the Network

hsrob said:

Not sure if you've actually read this thread.  The crybabies here are Activision, alledgedly.

I agree with Activision... Nintendo fans ask for third-party support but in the end not buy the games... Nintendo fans are all talk.

If Rayman was released last week less than 20k Nintendo fans would have bought the game... that's sad.

ethomaz said:

hsrob said:

Not sure if you've actually read this thread.  The crybabies here are Activision, alledgedly.

I agree with Activision... Nintendo fans ask for third-party support but in the end not buy the games... Nintendo fans are all talk.

If Rayman was released last week less than 20k Nintendo fans have bought the game... that's sad.

Hyperbolic nonsense.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:
ethomaz said:

hsrob said:

If Rayman was released last week less than 20k Nintendo fans have bought the game... that's sad.

Hyperbolic nonsense.

Damn, beat me to it.

Shortly to be applied to the PS4 in the positive form.

milkyjoe said:

Hyperbolic nonsense.

Why? Did you think Rayman would have sold more than 20k?

Edit - CoD sells less than 100k in Nintendo consoles :(

Around the Network

Let me ask you something for everyone... If you had a gaming company will you develop games for Wii / Wii U or PS360?

ethomaz said:

milkyjoe said:

Hyperbolic nonsense.

Why? Did you think Rayman would have sold more than 20k?

20k would be 1% of the people that bought Mario on Wii U.

They are in the same genre.

COD is completely irrelevant to the potential of a 2D platformer on a Nintendo console.

VGChartz

superchunk said:
On a 2m base of new users and considering COD generally got 1m (1% of base) on an install base of over 90m.... I think they'd be excited by 100,000 (5% of base), but realistically 50,000 should of been all that could be expected. Even if they did get the 5m out by March.

Considering the Miiverse has 20 to 30k in it all the time, I think they sold between 50k and 100k. Since the game has had no sale prices they should have revenue of around (75k*$35) $2.65million. I doubt they spent half that on the port.

This report is bogus. Activision probably spent less than $1m porting the game and I'm sure they've made that back and then some. While the overall sales of WiiU have died off and thus game sales are likely lower than they all want, its certainly not losing money for them.

maybe they expected that since wiiU was getting the same CoD as ps360 instead of a down port that it would actually do ps360 type numbers.  if it had attach ratios similar to ps3 (which is lower than 360) wiiU would have done 440k by now.

afterall, the excuse for low wii numbers was it wasn't up to par and feature rich as the ps360 versions.  that can't be said for the wiiU version... it even supported 3 control schemes.

ethomaz said:
Let me ask you something for everyone... If you had a gaming company will you develop games for Wii / Wii U or PS360?

my company would cos we would probably be making games the ps/xbox crowd wouldn't touch anyway.

Barozi said:
keroncoward said:
wfz said:
I thought BO2 was getting a lot of shit right before/during the Wii U release because it was inferior. There were multiple comparison videos and screens showing this. Now all of a sudden it's not a gimped port?

Anyways, if I was Activision I would also be worried that I can't make games that appeal to the owners of the console.

It never was a gimped port to begin with, it was just a bunch of haters looking for anything to doom the console. I have the game and the only part i get drame dips thats noticible is during the campaign on the mission where youre running to get to the hellicopter. Its a bug cause it always slows down on that mission alone. The rest of the game is fine, the multiplayer does not get frame drops rarely lags and plays just as smooth on the screen of the controller.

Not really there are more levels with framerate problems. It dips frequently to something in the 30s.

Technically it's definitely an inferior version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

Here we go....do you own the game? NO! I own the game, played it myself and as i stated before the only part i get "noticible" framerate dips is the stage with the helicopter and it only slows down once. People are so quick to doom something they have no idea about. I like that youre using digital foundry as evidence. Same digital foundry that claimed Crysis 2 on PS3 was inferior to the Xbox360 version and it was practically the same game?