By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita selling out in Japan

BlowoverKing said:
For all you saying it will barely hit 50k, what would your reaction be if it gets 100k+ or even 200k?

And what would be your reaction if it gets 50k or even 30k? My reaction if it gets 100k or more would be of complete astonishment, as, right now, I find it impossible to get past 80k, based on how low it sold during this year.

Around the Network

Glad to see it. I want to see vita succeed now that the 3ds has secured its dominance.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

pezus said:
angelocp said:
My cousin that work on sony's marketing just told me this...

Vita will have a price-cut on september 17... With Killzone: M.. And GTA V: vita ... Tearaway will launch in october, AC IV: vita too... Destiny vita, new COD later this year... GT vita, yakusa vita, Final fantasy disidia vita, patapon 4, will be announced this year... New monter hunter spin off and normal monster hunter, gravity rush 2, new metal gear maybe, but is in develop...

He also told me that ps3 price cut will be announced on e3, with the launch of The last of us..

Lol, how does he know all this stuff? Much of this sounds like the stuff of dreams. 

That's because most of it is.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Anyone got any figures on the vita sales or is it so soon to tell?

think-man said:

Expect to hear on Wednesday, though we may hear something tomorrow (today?) if we're very lucky.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
think-man said:

Expect to hear on Wednesday, though we may hear something tomorrow (today?) if we're very lucky.

I hate waiting :( got any predictions?

think-man said:
Conegamer said:
think-man said:

Honestly? I just can't tell. But if what people are saying is true about the discontinuation of the WiFi model then we can assume there wasn't very many of them to begin with, so we should focus more on the 3G model. This also seems to be selling well, however.

If I really had to plump, though, I'd say it should go something like (JP only):

Week 1- 65-70k

Week 2- 53-55k

Week 3- 40-43k

Average week in a few months time- 15-18k

So I see it settling down to around double its current weekly figures. That's good, but not great. A pricecut alone cannot sustain high sales, only SW can.

Conegamer said:
think-man said:
Conegamer said:
think-man said:

Honestly? I just can't tell. But if what people are saying is true about the discontinuation of the WiFi model then we can assume there wasn't very many of them to begin with, so we should focus more on the 3G model. This also seems to be selling well, however.

If I really had to plump, though, I'd say it should go something like (JP only):

Week 1- 65-70k

Week 2- 53-55k

Week 3- 40-43k

Average week in a few months time- 15-18k

So I see it settling down to around double its current weekly figures. That's good, but not great. A pricecut alone cannot sustain high sales, only SW can.

Yeah im thinking around the same numbers as you, it will be a good bump and its got some good software coming out in japan that will help but after may the sales will drop back quite low again, hopefully not as low as they have been lately.

80k first week
40k second week
30k 3rd week
And Average week in a few months time- 20k-25k

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

angelocp said:
My cousin that work on sony's marketing just told me this...

Vita will have a price-cut on september 17... With Killzone: M.. And GTA V: vita ... Tearaway will launch in october, AC IV: vita too... Destiny vita, new COD later this year... GT vita, yakusa vita, Final fantasy disidia vita, patapon 4, will be announced this year... New monter hunter spin off and normal monster hunter, gravity rush 2, new metal gear maybe, but is in develop...

He also told me that ps3 price cut will be announced on e3, with the launch of The last of us..

I smell lotta bullshit.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)