By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita selling out in Japan

Soul Sacrifice : Wow advertising in Japan ! They even make events with the dev team !

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201303030002/

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
think-man said:
Conegamer said:
think-man said:
Anyone got any figures on the vita sales or is it so soon to tell?

Expect to hear on Wednesday, though we may hear something tomorrow (today?) if we're very lucky.

I hate waiting :( got any predictions?

Honestly? I just can't tell. But if what people are saying is true about the discontinuation of the WiFi model then we can assume there wasn't very many of them to begin with, so we should focus more on the 3G model. This also seems to be selling well, however.

If I really had to plump, though, I'd say it should go something like (JP only):

Week 1- 65-70k

Week 2- 53-55k

Week 3- 40-43k

Average week in a few months time- 15-18k

So I see it settling down to around double its current weekly figures. That's good, but not great. A pricecut alone cannot sustain high sales, only SW can.

i dont know the japanese market very well, but i honestly think those predictions are too high, i hope im wrong though.

the avarage week prediction i agree with though

bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
think-man said:
Conegamer said:
think-man said:
Anyone got any figures on the vita sales or is it so soon to tell?

Expect to hear on Wednesday, though we may hear something tomorrow (today?) if we're very lucky.

I hate waiting :( got any predictions?

Honestly? I just can't tell. But if what people are saying is true about the discontinuation of the WiFi model then we can assume there wasn't very many of them to begin with, so we should focus more on the 3G model. This also seems to be selling well, however.

If I really had to plump, though, I'd say it should go something like (JP only):

Week 1- 65-70k

Week 2- 53-55k

Week 3- 40-43k

Average week in a few months time- 15-18k

So I see it settling down to around double its current weekly figures. That's good, but not great. A pricecut alone cannot sustain high sales, only SW can.

i dont know the japanese market very well, but i honestly think those predictions are too high, i hope im wrong though.

I fear as much as well, but looking at the games coming out and what the 3DS price cut did, I thought "Heck, why not, just for this once, be optimistic?"

We shall know soon enough.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:

I fear as much as well, but looking at the games coming out and what the 3DS price cut did, I thought "Heck, why not, just for this once, be optimistic?"

the difference is that the 3DS had just released it was what 6 months old? it was still really new on the market and then all of a sudden it had third of its price slashed. vita on the other hand is about a years and 3 months old in japan and the 3DS is really doing beastly numbers. back then the 3DS didnt have any comptition, now vita is going up to a handheld that has most weeks above 50% of tottal hardware marketshare

Aerys said:

Soul Sacrifice : Wow advertising in Japan ! They even make events with the dev team !

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201303030002/

That made me sad a little bit. That's only a few people but atleast Sony is advertising and pushing the game.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
angelocp said:
My cousin that work on sony's marketing just told me this...

Vita will have a price-cut on september 17... With Killzone: M.. And GTA V: vita ... Tearaway will launch in october, AC IV: vita too... Destiny vita, new COD later this year... GT vita, yakusa vita, Final fantasy disidia vita, patapon 4, will be announced this year... New monter hunter spin off and normal monster hunter, gravity rush 2, new metal gear maybe, but is in develop...

He also told me that ps3 price cut will be announced on e3, with the launch of The last of us..

even though all this would be beyond awesome, kinda hard to fathom any of this happening outside of the announced  stuff we know.  But in terms of marketing, kinda like Take Two and the GTA V poster in poland, marketing material is are done months in advanced.

not really. you can finalaize a poster design in teh morning. have it printed in the afternoon till the next day. ship out to stores in the evning. yeah...that kind of shit happens all the time. It even works for banners and huge as tarplolins.

pezus said:
BlowoverKing said:
For all you saying it will barely hit 50k, what would your reaction be if it gets 100k+ or even 200k?

I would be amazed. 

It would be party time.

bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:

the difference is that the 3DS had just released it was what 6 months old? it was still really new on the market and then all of a sudden it had third of its price slashed. vita on the other hand is about a years and 3 months old in japan and the 3DS is really doing beastly numbers. back then the 3DS didnt have any comptition, now vita is going up to a handheld that has most weeks above 50% of tottal hardware marketshare

Also the 3DS had games like Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 right around the corner after the price cut.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Edit: nevermind

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

DemoniOtaku said:
Train wreck said:

True.  Maybe im looking at this from a volume standpoint. You have two different models with three different colors plus a new silver color on sale the same day all one unified price.  the 3G model will have inherent value since the price drop for that is very significant (-50%) and is most likely the one that is in greater supply.  Unless stock for all models and all colors was very very low, jumping over a 500% gain should not be difficult.  Hopefully i'm right but the Japanese market can be tricky to predict sometimes.

Well... that and some new bundles, with PSO2, and with a 32gb memory card.. so I think that at least 120-140k this week.. no more beacause this isn't the best time to sells, any increasse would be great because even the 3DS is dropping sales lately...

About the store that dropped early,first those weren't so much.. and some could have been  with the intentions of clear the stock and make space for more vitas and the new models this week..

Stores that dropped their prices early wouldnt really do much since the announcement given to the general public was that the price cut would take effecft on March 28. Most who knew about this would most likely hold off from buying a Vita.

Lets also not forget that these stores cannot really advertise that they have already dropped the price.