By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita selling out in Japan

_crazy_man_ said:
angelocp said:
My cousin that work on sony's marketing just told me this...

Vita will have a price-cut on september 17... With Killzone: M.. And GTA V: vita ... Tearaway will launch in october, AC IV: vita too... Destiny vita, new COD later this year... GT vita, yakusa vita, Final fantasy disidia vita, patapon 4, will be announced this year... New monter hunter spin off and normal monster hunter, gravity rush 2, new metal gear maybe, but is in develop...

He also told me that ps3 price cut will be announced on e3, with the launch of The last of us..

I smell lotta bullshit.

I cant believe how everyone is dismissing this as bullshit...why? dont like the vita to have good things? tsk tsk tsk...also, there's a key word in there, here, I'll bold it and underline it for all to see...

Now, do you all see it? yeah... lol

Around the Network

I'm seeing a lot of really high prediction numbers here. Honestly anything over 30k would surprise me, IF that.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Screamapillar said:
...But Vita only increased to 11k this past week in Japan. How does an increase of a couple thousand units in sales mean stores are selling out?

Unless Sony has intentionally allowed supply to dry up and wanted stories about "out-of-stocks" to build some buzz for the machine. It's silly, though.

Technically if you manufacture one unit of something and someone buys it, you're "sold out". But that's sort of a game of semantics. It's not as if Sony can't keep Vita in stock, it's been selling poorly for over an entire calendar year now. It has one good week and people are saying it's "selling out"? Lol. C'mon...

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

ils411 said:
_crazy_man_ said:
angelocp said:

Vita will have a price-cut on september 17... With Killzone: M.. And GTA V: vita ... Tearaway will launch in october, AC IV: vita too... Destiny vita, new COD later this year... GT vita, yakusa vita, Final fantasy disidia vita, patapon 4, will be announced this year... New monter hunter spin off and normal monster hunter, gravity rush 2, new metal gear maybe, but is in develop...

He also told me that ps3 price cut will be announced on e3, with the launch of The last of us..

I smell lotta bullshit.

I cant believe how everyone is dismissing this as bullshit...why? dont like the vita to have good things? tsk tsk tsk...also, there's a key word in there, here, I'll bold it and underline it for all to see...

Now, do you all see it? yeah... loI

No im more BSing the "my cousin works for Sony marketing and totally is breaking NDA to tell me this".

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

pezus said:
angelocp said:

Lol, how does he know all this stuff? Much of this sounds like the stuff of dreams. 

It must be true without any doubt! In Italy we have even a song about all these 100% true incredible stories told us by our cousins!

PS "cuggino" is a Southern Italian misspelling of "cugino", cousin, that for some mysterious reasons is almost always done by people reporting stories told them by their omniscient cousins.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
ils411 said:
_crazy_man_ said:
angelocp said:

I smell lotta bullshit.

Now, do you all see it? yeah... loI

No im more BSing the "my cousin works for Sony marketing and totally is breaking NDA to tell me this".

I dont really find this that hard to believe..well, in my mind this is how I think it went

Some higher ups in the lunch room talking:

mgr1: dood, you know what, I'm sure Vita's sales will skyrocket with GTA V Vita, ACIV, FF Disidiea, GT, MH coming out soon..

mgr2: yeah, then sales will stay hidgh coz of that new COD, MG and Gravity Rush!

...cousing walks by and hears all this shit...and runs excited like hell

mgr1: trollololol!!

mgr2: nyahhahahaha!

mgr1: dood, you notice that youngster running off like he shit his pants?

mgr2: yeah...wonder what got him so excited

mgr1: anyways, back to work.

wrong topic. Sorry.

bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:

i dont know the japanese market very well, but i honestly think those predictions are too high, i hope im wrong though.

the avarage week prediction i agree with though

I fear as much as well, but looking at the games coming out and what the 3DS price cut did, I thought "Heck, why not, just for this once, be optimistic?"

We shall know soon enough.

the difference is that the 3DS had just released it was what 6 months old? it was still really new on the market and then all of a sudden it had third of its price slashed. vita on the other hand is about a years and 3 months old in japan and the 3DS is really doing beastly numbers. back then the 3DS didnt have any comptition, now vita is going up to a handheld that has most weeks above 50% of tottal hardware marketshare

There's only a one month difference between the two price cuts, but Conegamer is predicting way too high. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sony may have sold 80k units, read on neogaf.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I'm not sure if any of you are actually living in Japan right now, but I can tell you that despite the hype around soul sacrifice and the recent price drop, the VITA here in Japan is still leaps and bounds behind 3DS.

The Vita really made a slow start, because of its lack of supporting titles. I went to Bic Camera the other day and the Vita is still sitting on the shelves..

They're selling, but not at the rate that people are speculating. It's not all that popular here in Japan at the moment, due to lack of support and its lack of use regarding remote play, etc.

Until the release of PS4, I don't think Vita will do any huge impact on the market for now. I will say however, that the digital sales on the Vita have been extremely good.

I also know a Sony Rep, but hey, like knowing someone really matters right?

I'm a vlogger/blogger/photographer/gamer

http://www.facebook.com/nualphajpn

nualphajpn.tumblr.com

http://www.twitter.com/xfataldmg