By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita selling out in Japan

BlowoverKing said:
For all you saying it will barely hit 50k, what would your reaction be if it gets 100k+ or even 200k?

If it will do 100k people will said it's still not good because it dosn't have the same effect of the 3DS price cut,200k it won't happen but if it was possible they would said  it dosn't metter the first week effect  we should wait the long term effect

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

My cousin that work on sony's marketing just told me this...

Vita will have a price-cut on september 17... With Killzone: M.. And GTA V: vita ... Tearaway will launch in october, AC IV: vita too... Destiny vita, new COD later this year... GT vita, yakusa vita, Final fantasy disidia vita, patapon 4, will be announced this year... New monter hunter spin off and normal monster hunter, gravity rush 2, new metal gear maybe, but is in develop...

He also told me that ps3 price cut will be announced on e3, with the launch of The last of us..

eres el unico que puede tomar la desicion que nadie mas puede... la correcta

Heavenly_King said:
Kasz216 said:
SnowPrince said:
Didn't Sony expect such demand ? Nowing their high expectations, this seems contradictory..

Probably not honestly.  Afterall they cut their forecasts dramatically knowing they were going to drop the vitas price like a week later.  So either this doesn't mean much, or it means a whoooole lot.

Even though they knew about the pricecut was coming, they lowered the forecast, so that when it begins to sell like crazy, they could have the  forecast increased, and brag about that it is doing better than expected.  It is a nice strategy really because it gets you good PR.

No it wouldn't.  If they raised the forecast so soon after lowering it, it would be taken as a horrible move that Sony's execs don't have a clear view of thier buisness and stock prices would be muted.

Afterall if it was that simple, everyone would do it.  Instead, nobody does that.

Hell even simply lowballing a forecast intentionally so you can shoot over it is seen as a bad thing.    To lower it just so you could raise it significantly? 

What's best is showing that you have a firm grip on the pulse of your buisness and know it well.  So generally you want to moderatly go over your forecast unless something unpredictable happens.  (Like say, you sell oranges from California and a cold breeze screws over Florida Oranges.) 

Even if they have to adjust upwords they'll likely wait to the last minute and try to do it on a busy news day.

angelocp said:

Vita will have a price-cut on september 17... With Killzone: M.. And GTA V: vita ... Tearaway will launch in october, AC IV: vita too... Destiny vita, new COD later this year... GT vita, yakusa vita, Final fantasy disidia vita, patapon 4, will be announced this year... New monter hunter spin off and normal monster hunter, gravity rush 2, new metal gear maybe, but is in develop...

He also told me that ps3 price cut will be announced on e3, with the launch of The last of us..

even though all this would be beyond awesome, kinda hard to fathom any of this happening outside of the announced  stuff we know.  But in terms of marketing, kinda like Take Two and the GTA V poster in poland, marketing material is are done months in advanced.

angelocp said:

Yeaah right..

If you only stopped at "Tearway will launch in october, AC IV: vita too.." then it would be about accurate.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
007BondAgent said:
spurgeonryan said:
I expect it to have a sale boost on par with what the 3DS had during its price cut. Or am I being rediculous?

you are being rediculous :P

Slightly off topic.... I do wish people on this forum would learn how to spell ridiculous.

English isn't the first language for a lot of people on the forum, and I do not expect more than 50k. I think it'll do 35-40k.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
kowenicki said:
007BondAgent said:
spurgeonryan said:
I expect it to have a sale boost on par with what the 3DS had during its price cut. Or am I being rediculous?

you are being rediculous :P

Slightly off topic.... I do wish people on this forum would learn how to spell ridiculous.

English isn't the first language for a lot of people on the forum, and I do not expect more than 50k. I think it'll do 35-40k.

If only they weren't native speakers. It's the same with "I could care less" and "must of" (instead of must have). It's way too common actually. 

Train wreck said:

True.  Maybe im looking at this from a volume standpoint. You have two different models with three different colors plus a new silver color on sale the same day all one unified price.  the 3G model will have inherent value since the price drop for that is very significant (-50%) and is most likely the one that is in greater supply.  Unless stock for all models and all colors was very very low, jumping over a 500% gain should not be difficult.  Hopefully i'm right but the Japanese market can be tricky to predict sometimes.

Well... that and some new bundles, with PSO2, and with a 32gb memory card.. so I think that at least 120-140k this week.. no more beacause this isn't the best time to sells, any increasse would be great because even the 3DS is dropping sales lately...

About the store that dropped early,first those weren't so much.. and some could have been  with the intentions of clear the stock and make space for more vitas and the new models this week..

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Not all thats games that i Wrote will launch this year, just announced... Infamous vita, is in dev too, and Bioshock will start to dev when, "vita become a regular well-seller console" o something like that... ._.

eres el unico que puede tomar la desicion que nadie mas puede... la correcta

As I said...all Sony needs to do is support Japan and their handhelds will sell like hotcakes. The west will come when they're ready. They mostly like the Japanese games anyway.