By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita selling out in Japan

glad to see the price drop helping the sales for the system, because it is a great system. now it needs price drops on the memory cards and now, still way too high. i think vita will take the top spot in japan in sales this week and maybe another week, but the 3ds will regain the top spot and keep it for a long time after the short drop to 2nd place.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
naruball said:
kowenicki said:
For the first couple of weeks of the price cut it needs to be selling over 5 times the current level, less than 50k would be a disaster IMO......,

Then it needs to settle at well over double current sales as the new low point, 25k per week is an absolute minimum really.

Lol! Sure, Kowenicki. Whatever you say.

You expect less than 50k for price cut week?  

No, not first week. It might sell 60k first week and then 40k and 35k the next weeks. Still not a disaster, but far from good. 

Aerys said:
small44 : I would like to believe that but i prefer to be realistic, considering there is no real big system seller coming, for what we know ( SS could become one ), a price cut without big titles coming is useless, thats why Sony is trying to push Toukiden/Soul Sacrifice and oll these games Japanese could like.

And thats why there wont be a price cut in west until the release of Killzone/TearAway/Ys Celceta and probably others titles, in fall.

But there is some positive news : Most of the Vita models are sold out in Akiba and on Amazon.jp ( even the soul sacrifice bundle ), and Soul Sacrifice is 5 in the pre order top

Ps3 also launced with Gundam and it's not a big system sellers, first week of price cut  the people who buy the system is people who buy just because of the price cut.

Anything below 50k for me it's not a realistic predictions

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

pezus said:
OT: I was expecting something like 30k and then people here are saying 50k would be a disaster...OK

I was also expecting something similar. I think that statement of his was absurd. 30k is a great start for the Vita and even if it ends up in 20k a week, I would consider it to be decent. You can't compare to numbers that has yet to exist, instead you do it to numbers that exist and has followed a pattern.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

pezus said:
OT: I was expecting something like 30k and then people here are saying 50k would be a disaster...OK

50k would be a bad, however, we're talking about the Vita here, so that's good enough.

Around the Network
small44 said:
Aerys said:
small44 : I would like to believe that but i prefer to be realistic, considering there is no real big system seller coming, for what we know ( SS could become one ), a price cut without big titles coming is useless, thats why Sony is trying to push Toukiden/Soul Sacrifice and oll these games Japanese could like.

And thats why there wont be a price cut in west until the release of Killzone/TearAway/Ys Celceta and probably others titles, in fall.

But there is some positive news : Most of the Vita models are sold out in Akiba and on Amazon.jp ( even the soul sacrifice bundle ), and Soul Sacrifice is 5 in the pre order top

Ps3 also launced with Gundam and it's not a big system sellers, first week of price cut  the people who buy the system is people who buy just because of the price cut.

I'd say the same with a big stock, but we dont know the stock, we only know that sony sent 30k of Ice Silver Vita, all depend of what Sony sent for the old models.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
small44 said:
Aerys said:

I'd say the same with a big stock, but we dont know the stock, we only know that sony sent 30k of Ice Silver Vita, all depend of what Sony sent for the old models.

So we have 30k of Ice silver and it's sold out all the models and colors should be more then 100k consoles so 50k it's too pessimist  i think 80k it's more realistic and it's much more less then the 3ds and ps3 effect.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

The week before the 3DS price cut, sales hit an all time low of 3900 on a userbase of 1.3m. Sales jumped to 206k the next week for a 5100% increase (which is a factor of 51).

The vita ended its week prior at 11k on a userbase of 1.2m and if the same 51 factor was applied it would be 550k units. Of course it wont be that high but the factor of about 500% (50k units) that people are using seems low, but we'll find out soon enough!

pezus said:
Train wreck said:

The week before the 3DS price cut, sales hit an all time low of 3900 on a userbase of 1.3m. Sales jumped to 206k the next week for a 5100% increase (which is a factor of 51).

The vita ended its week prior at 11k on a userbase of 1.2m and if the same 51 factor was applied it would be 550k units. Of course it wont be that high but the factor of about 500% (50k units) that people are using seems low, but we'll find out soon enough!

The 3DS price cut was much bigger though (>30% vs. 20% for Vita) and some stores apparently already dropped the price last week. I would say a 500% increase would be pretty great, considering these factors, and that Vita is at a point where it's been undesirable for a long time, with a stronger and much more popular competitor (while 3DS had none).

True.  Maybe im looking at this from a volume standpoint. You have two different models with three different colors plus a new silver color on sale the same day all one unified price.  the 3G model will have inherent value since the price drop for that is very significant (-50%) and is most likely the one that is in greater supply.  Unless stock for all models and all colors was very very low, jumping over a 500% gain should not be difficult.  Hopefully i'm right but the Japanese market can be tricky to predict sometimes.

For all you saying it will barely hit 50k, what would your reaction be if it gets 100k+ or even 200k?

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)