By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita selling out in Japan

gustave154 said:
i am glad its selling well...
Sony wheres the worldwide price cut >=(

Around the date new AAA games arrive, so that it has a better effect on sales.    Japan got the price cut, so that with the new games arriving, the PSVITA would be an instant massive buy.

At least that is what I think :D

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
SnowPrince said:
Didn't Sony expect such demand ? Nowing their high expectations, this seems contradictory..

Probably not honestly.  Afterall they cut their forecasts dramatically knowing they were going to drop the vitas price like a week later.  So either this doesn't mean much, or it means a whoooole lot.

Even though they knew about the pricecut was coming, they lowered the forecast, so that when it begins to sell like crazy, they could have the  forecast increased, and brag about that it is doing better than expected.  It is a nice strategy really because it gets you good PR.

kowenicki said:
For the first couple of weeks of the price cut it needs to be selling over 5 times the current level, less than 50k would be a disaster IMO......,

Then it needs to settle at well over double current sales as the new low point, 25k per week is an absolute minimum really.

Lol! Sure, Kowenicki. Whatever you say.

naruball said:
kowenicki said:
For the first couple of weeks of the price cut it needs to be selling over 5 times the current level, less than 50k would be a disaster IMO......,

Then it needs to settle at well over double current sales as the new low point, 25k per week is an absolute minimum really.

...wouldn't it be? Not a disaster, but certainly disappointing (looking at the games released this week as well).

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

it should sell 50k, i hope...

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
gustave154 said:

Around the date new AAA games arrive, so that it has a better effect on sales.    Japan got the price cut, so that with the new games arriving, the PSVITA would be an instant massive buy.

I agree that dropping the price around the time of a AAA game would be advisable, but...what is there in the near future which would qualify as one (i.e. selling well over 1 million units)? 

Conegamer said:
naruball said:
kowenicki said:

...wouldn't it be? Not a disaster, but certainly disappointing (looking at the games released this week as well).

Disaster? No. Good? Neither. Probably, like you said, disappointing. But it's all about how you phrase things. It's like If Wii U doesn't sell at least 200.000 a week after WiiFitU launches, would be a disaster IMO. Wouldn't it be? (If you ask me, no. Not a disaster).

Considering how bad the last couple of months/year has been, over 30.000 would be a miracle in 5 weeks (though still not good)

Conegamer said:
Heavenly_King said:
gustave154 said:

I agree that dropping the price around the time of a AAA game would be advisable, but...what is there in the near future which would qualify as one (i.e. selling well over 1 million units)? 

Killzone and tearaway?

naruball said:
Conegamer said:
naruball said:
kowenicki said:

Disaster? No. Good? Neither. Probably, like you said, disappointing. But it's all about how you phrase things. It's like If Wii U doesn't sell at least 200.000 a week after WiiFitU launches, would be a disaster IMO. Wouldn't it be? (If you ask me, no. Not a disaster).

Considering how bad the last couple of months/year has been, over 30.000 would be a miracle in 5 weeks (though still not good)

Indeed, it's all relative. TBH though Wii U will be lucky to sell over 50k the week Wii Fit U launches, but that's another story altogether.

spurgeonryan said:
I expect it to have a sale boost on par with what the 3DS had during its price cut. Or am I being rediculous?

you are being rediculous :P