By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita selling out in Japan

Don't know what's going on on amazon.jp, but they appear to be out of stock of PSO2 & Senran Kagura (until 4th March); and have low/sold out stock for a lot of the PS Vita hardware.  Hope this too means good things.

Around the Network
DemoniOtaku said:
MANUELF said:
Good for vita and sorry for being the realistic one but even if some developers saw the sales of the vita reach 500k this week the games they would start making wont be ready for another two years at least

You're not being reallistic You're being Troll... is proved that ports to Vita can be done easily (in 6 months  and half Oddwolrd Stranger was ported by ONLY ONE PERSON to the PSVita... Yeah sound crazy, but that was confirmed by the developer...)

and the very least not ports of past games.. rather more multi games from Namco, CRAPcom, square, SEGA, etc.. and from little developers.. being proved that on Vita sales are good for niche games (Demon gaze, Ragnarok Oddissey, MonPiece are some examples)

WOW, calm down a moment a left the hopes aside, I was talking about exclusive games and even so if a single month of decent sales was enough to port games to  a console then the wii u would have a lot of ports announced thanks to its november and december sales, first lets wait to the end of the month if the vita can sustain the sales since this month is its best month in the case of games released so lets take a wait and see aproach 

outlawauron said:
RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:
not to be a downer but based on previous sales level stores probably didn't have much stock to begin with.

Wow. What a hater.

I said I thought the same, but you'd think there wold be more stock with the new bundles coming out at the same time.

come now, give the retailers a little credit. They all know that the Vita's price will be getting a cut and they know that a bunch of desirable games are coming out, I'm 100% sure that they increased their stocks. Not "OMG WHAT IS THAT HUGE PILE O SHYET" levels, but they would have added inventory. Probably 10-20% more...I know, I'm pulling that out of my ass, but without actuall sales data for me to use, as someone who worked as a purchaser, thats what I would do.

Its hilarious that so many people are banking on the Vita not having a lot of stocks at retail just so they can downplay the Vita's sales.

Retailers aren't a bunch of dumb assess...well, some are, but give them credit. They all know that the Vita will be getting a price cut, they also know that some desirable games will be releasing.

As I said on one of my previous post, I worked as a purchaser, and I would have increased my inventory in anticipation of the price cut and the games. I'm 100% certain that there some retailers who would have done the same. I'm also pretty sure that the larger/more popular retailers would have some sort of deal with Sony with respect to excess inventory if it doesn't sell as expected.

Its not like Sony would just say "hey, I'm gonna cut the price at the end of the month" and do nothing about it. Their sales reps would have obviously pushed the retailers to increase their stocks.

Its funny how so many people are acting like they know how retail works when obviously their talking out of their asses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ElpG4Rpm6OY

Ps vita price cut commercial.

Around the Network
NesFe said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ElpG4Rpm6OY

Ps vita price cut commercial.

Not quite sure why they put Toukiden in there. But lol.

Now both handhelds must start doing good in the west. In the longterm, I just can't see Japan keeping the handheld industry alive for both 3ds and vita. They need the west to keep their systems a float (longterm). The sales in the west are currently horrible for both systems (3ds and vita).

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Finally!

3DS has a bright future for the moment in the west ( Luigi Mansion/Fire Emblem/Mario again and Pokemon)

Without good sales for Vita here, i doubt we'll see many localizations, thats why we need system seller, PSP had some system seller which helped while 3-4 years

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

is she coming off life support,be good to have some half decent sales for a change

Above & Beyond