By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita selling out in Japan

Probably wasn't that many in the first place... I'll be hopeful if it can sustain good numbers for a few weeks.

Around the Network

Fingers crossed this isn't just an exaggeration, it would be great to see the Vita doing well in Japan.

I always had a feeling that the Japanese were interested in the Vita but were just choosing the right time to buy it, hopefully the next few months prove me right.

TT Makaveli said:

good to hear...just hope that Sony will do the same in Europe & America...

gotta say...that is pretty sexy

Lets wait and see the numbers before we start a party. Beeing sold out might aswell mean that they werent carrying many Vitas, wich would make sense. Hopefully it pulls some good numbers.

I agree, hopefully a boost of 50k.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

the vita out sold the wiiu this week in japan

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Thanks Baldr, was planning on asking you how it was doing!

Won't make any assumptions until we see next week's M.Create, but at least this bodes well.

RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:
not to be a downer but based on previous sales level stores probably didn't have much stock to begin with.

Wow. What a hater.

point taken.  next time i'll try to phrase things in a nicer way.

hatmoza said:
Aj_habfan said:
We've been burned by line pictures before people, don't get your hopes too too high.

If you read more than the opening line you would see that they mention reports of claiming that stores have sold out off the Vita.

The OP was kind enough to mention that this a different thread elaborating on the initial "pictures" with reports.

Reports of stores selling out, come on, that's the classic burn line.

Just saying, some of these predictions are getting pretty crazy, the potential for a big letdown is there.

Didn't Sony expect such demand ? Nowing their high expectations, this seems contradictory..