By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo might have a serious issue on their hands...

Galaki said:
the_dengle said:
Galaki said:

Have you seen this?

Makes it easy to move around.

Not sure what you're getting at here, I'm not moving any goalposts around as far as I can tell. 3DS is doing great. Hardware is selling slowly right now for obvious reasons. It'll pick up again.

Not you. LOL.

Ah, sorry. I misunderstood haha.

Around the Network

OP, do you eat shit? Seriously... Go and make stupid doom articles somewhere else...

Moderaed Kasz216

I think WiiU will sell between 35-55m, enough to profit and justify another Nintendo piece of hw
not a real issue, its back to its normal state after Wii madness

kowenicki said:

-snip-

You just never learn, do you? Nintendo forum. Nintendo thread. Post 100% filled with your usual offtopic Sony talk. Youre quickly turning into Turkish.

On another note...

Nintendo will be fine. When they get the software out and cut the price a bit, like 3DS, then the Wii U will recover somewhat. This should be a big lesson for Nintendo, especially after the embarrasing NPD results and previous 3DS launch failures.

Japan support will be key.

kowenicki said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
the_dengle said:
TheJimbo1234 said

For anyone familiar with how public companies works, if a company gets a sale figure wrong, this is a huge problem - one that normally leads to someone at the top being fired. This then leads to a large drop in share price and of course, financial problems for the company. To get it wrong twice? Well, this just doesn't happen.

That's weird, I recall Nintendo missing their targets for the 3DS and Wii pretty much every time they've given estimates the past couple of years. In addition, another major company I won't name as per your rules isn't coming anywhere near meeting their sales targets.

Sources?

Also would this explain the 80% drop in share price?

JoeTheBro said:

They have a successful handheld that can offset losses on the Wii U. It is defiantly a serious situation but not as bad as you make it sound. Also that other company that shall not be named has continuously dropped sales predictions of one of their products and nothing major in management has happened.

Erm, the "other company" had a brand new CEO put in who is blitzing the hell out of it, hence the 10% boost in share price.

And with this post, the final sentence, you lose all credibility, I wondered why you said without mentioning other companies.  

I'm afaid I will be ignoring that due to your factually incorrect statement.

1.  you said that missing targets twice "we'll that just doesn't happen" and yet Sony reduced their target for PSVita 4 times in 8 months and they will still probably miss it. So they will have missed it 5 times and after it was cut by 50%!!!

2. The Sony share price has risen recently due to yen improvements and floogging off assets left right and centre. But.......

3. You seem to have a selective memory.  When kaz took over in April 2012 the share price was at 20.00, its now at 13.8. so he has actually presided over a further drop in the value of Sony to the tune of 30%. The share price is also down 10% since PS4 announcement. Which means....

4. Sony is also down 70% since its peak. 

So tell me again.... Who has a serious issue?

Potentially, both? That's the correct answer in my opinion. The major difference being that one company is currently riding an upward general curve and gaining back ground and fame and one is losing ground and fame, both are losing or have lost money.

Nintendo might have a huge bank account but that is no reason do dawdle about and don't take steps to ensure more market power and profits as quickly as possible. I don't know where people get the notion that its perfectly fine to have a good spot and earn lots of money and then enter a bad spot and waste all that money without taking measures.

Around the Network
wvelting said:
The only problem that Nintendo has is people like you....did they run over your dog or something? All the hate on this site is truly unbelievable.
btw...I love how your "rules" are to not talk about the other companies issues...real fair. One of them has a handheld that sounds like a brand of cheese that will be lucky to meet 30% of it's original forecast....
I hope the company that sounds like Bologna is at least paying you for your time....

Typical - someone who love for a brand name stops them being objective and instead turns them into a little whining kid as you are the only one here with a problem. How else do you think I managed to pull up stock prices and Forbes articles, yet you can't produce anything besides bitching? 

kowenicki said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
the_dengle said:
TheJimbo1234 said

For anyone familiar with how public companies works, if a company gets a sale figure wrong, this is a huge problem - one that normally leads to someone at the top being fired. This then leads to a large drop in share price and of course, financial problems for the company. To get it wrong twice? Well, this just doesn't happen. 

That's weird, I recall Nintendo missing their targets for the 3DS and Wii pretty much every time they've given estimates the past couple of years. In addition, another major company I won't name as per your rules isn't coming anywhere near meeting their sales targets.

Sources?

JoeTheBro said:

They have a successful handheld that can offset losses on the Wii U. It is defiantly a serious situation but not as bad as you make it sound. Also that other company that shall not be named has continuously dropped sales predictions of one of their products and nothing major in management has happened.

Erm, the "other company" had a brand new CEO put in who is blitzing the hell out of it, hence the 10% boost in share price.

And with this post, the final sentence, you lose all credibility, I wondered why you said without mentioning other companies.  

1.  you said that missing targets twice "we'll that just doesn't happen" and yet Sony reduced their target for PSVita 4 times in 8 months and they will still probably miss it. So they will have missed it 5 times and after it was cut by 50%!!!

2. The Sony share price has risen recently due to yen improvements and floogging off assets left right and centre. But.......

3. You seem to have a selective memory.  When kaz took over in April 2012 the share price was at 20.00, its now at 13.8. so he has actually presided over a further drop in the value of Sony to the tune of 30%. The share price is also down 10% since PS4 announcement. Which means....

Wow, where to begin?

I know - got ANY sources for any of that? Nope? Thought not as you made some of it up. Sony having a 10% drop after PS4? Utter bullshit and off topic. As I said,I wanted people to not talk about other companies because I knew too many kids would try to deflect problems onto other companies rather than looking at the simple facts.

1. Wrong. As long as you adjust your target sometime before you reach it, then that shows you are aware of the problem and realise what is going on with sales. But to not do this and flat out miss the target by a huge margin? That is dire. Also, got any links for the constant adjustment all these other companies do to sales figures?

2. Derpderpderp. Flogging assests reduces the debt and shows that the CEO is pretty damn good and is making the right moves.

3. 30% drop and that will be in part due to the Japanese economy, and that the company had huge problems that will take years to fix. But that is not an 82% drop from 2008...One is bad, the other is dire.

4. No, 70% from 1998....which is again, proof you can't read, and pointless deflecting as everyones seen drops since the recession, and also Sony are in every department

So stop being a whining little girl and focusing on every other company besides the one I want this thread to be about.

DieAppleDie said:
I think WiiU will sell between 35-55m, enough to profit and justify another Nintendo piece of hw
not a real issue, its back to its normal state after Wii madness

Why though? What grounds do you base such a claim on?

-this user was moderated for this post by amp316

kowenicki said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
wvelting said:
kowenicki said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
the_dengle said:
TheJimbo1234 said

For anyone familiar with how public companies works, if a company gets a sale figure wrong, this is a huge problem - one that normally leads to someone at the top being fired. This then leads to a large drop in share price and of course, financial problems for the company. To get it wrong twice? Well, this just doesn't happen. 

Sources?

Wow, where to begin?

I know - got ANY sources for any of that? Nope? Thought not as you made some of it up. Sony having a 10% drop after PS4? Utter bullshit and off topic. As I said,I wanted people to not talk about other companies because I knew too many kids would try to deflect problems onto other companies rather than looking at the simple facts.

1. Wrong. As long as you adjust your target sometime before you reach it, then that shows you are aware of the problem and realise what is going on with sales. But to not do this and flat out miss the target by a huge margin? That is dire. Also, got any links for the constant adjustment all these other companies do to sales figures?

2. Derpderpderp. Flogging assests reduces the debt and shows that the CEO is pretty damn good and is making the right moves.

3. 30% drop and that will be in part due to the Japanese economy, and that the company had huge problems that will take years to fix. But that is not an 82% drop from 2008...One is bad, the other is dire.

4. No, 70% from 1998....which is again, proof you can't read, and pointless deflecting as everyones seen drops since the recession, and also Sony are in every department

So stop being a whining little girl and focusing on every other company besides the one I want this thread to be about.

First of all.... reported.  Of course.

Where to begin with your terrible lack of knowledge.....

1.  Source for adjusted Vita sales... try the Sony financials.  Originally forecast 16m combined in May, then lowered to 12m in August, then lowered to 10m in October and then lowered to 7m in january.  So we have a 56% reduction in expectation, after 4 adjustments in just 9 months!! lol.   This is a fact.

2.  Flogging assets reduces debt?  It can, but is it. Most decent financial reporters see the flogging of assets as an atempt to report positive numbers for the financial year at all costs.  This is asset stripping, pure and simple.  I suggest you take your own advice and stay away from financial discussions if you aren't up to it.

3. The drop since Kaz took over is due to the market is it?  Kaz Took over in April.  The Nikkei is up over 10% since April.  Sony is down 33%.  This is also a fact.  See below:

4. You said that the Ninty drop of 80% since 2008 is dire and then started rambling about 1998 for some reason?  If you want to go back futher then lets do that.  Sony is down 90% since 2000 actually.   But lets stick to what you wanted compare, the recent Nintendo fall.  Well then, Sony is down 76% since May 2007.  Not every different really is it?

Both evidenced below.

Since 2000 Down 91%

Since 2007 Down 76%

Learn some humility.

Ground Rules

• This is about Nintendo and no one else, so don't mention any other companies unless absolutely necessary. 
  • Try to use facts, figures, and articles if possible 
  • There will be basic economics in this thread. If you don't like that or don't want to learn, then hop along and find another thread. 

Learn to read

Get out of this thread while you can people.

Looking to explode.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I'm locking this thread because the thread creator is baiting numerous people.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger