By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and 3rd parties *Formerly; Nintendo is f*cking up big times with 3rd parties*

DanneSandin said:
gumby_trucker said:
DanneSandin said:

A very good post with very good points!

did you ever say anything about the multiplatform title that was canceled? ie: was it necessarily a Japanese game?

For all we know it could be Aliens CM in which case nobody would call it an example of Nintendo treating 3rd parties like shit...

Regarding the exclusive that is now back on, I had a feeling if Nintendo were cancelling it, it was due to it competing with another release on the console. Not sure if that would be a 3rd or 1st party release, but your new information seems to confirm this general idea. It should be said that postponing a 3rd party release for a reason that possibly makes sense is a lot different than cancelling it altogether for no reason at all..

These two points make your original claim that Nintendo mistreats third parties somewhat weaker.

The canceled multiplat might have been canceled on ALL platforms right now... That seems a bit up in the air. It is a Japanese game.

This is what I heard: Nintendo canceled a 3rd party exclusive game, just for green lighting it again but postponing it due to competition in the original release window.

are you saying Nintendo cancelled the 3rd party game on all platforms? OR it's just cancelled by the 3rd party on all platform? If it's the later, why does it mean Nintendo is fucked up with 3rd party?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
saicho said:
DanneSandin said:
gumby_trucker said:
DanneSandin said:

A very good post with very good points!

did you ever say anything about the multiplatform title that was canceled? ie: was it necessarily a Japanese game?

For all we know it could be Aliens CM in which case nobody would call it an example of Nintendo treating 3rd parties like shit...

Regarding the exclusive that is now back on, I had a feeling if Nintendo were cancelling it, it was due to it competing with another release on the console. Not sure if that would be a 3rd or 1st party release, but your new information seems to confirm this general idea. It should be said that postponing a 3rd party release for a reason that possibly makes sense is a lot different than cancelling it altogether for no reason at all..

These two points make your original claim that Nintendo mistreats third parties somewhat weaker.

The canceled multiplat might have been canceled on ALL platforms right now... That seems a bit up in the air. It is a Japanese game.

This is what I heard: Nintendo canceled a 3rd party exclusive game, just for green lighting it again but postponing it due to competition in the original release window.

are you saying Nintendo cancelled the 3rd party game on all platforms? OR it's just cancelled by the 3rd party on all platform? If it's the later, why does it mean Nintendo is fucked up with 3rd party?

Nintendo said they didn't want the game on their system, apparently canceling the game for a Wii U debute, BUT other complications has left the game up in the air - complications Nintendo did not have anything to do with

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Mnementh said:
DanneSandin said:
Mnementh said:
DanneSandin said:

MAJOR UPDATE: The exclusive title coming to the Wii U is SILL ON! It has been postponed though, so as not to compete with another title due for release at around the same time.

Never heard that and can't find it on the webz. Which developer is making this?

And as you word it now, the game is not cancelled but delayed because of competition (something that is not unusual).

Can't tell you what developer, sorry. The game WAS canceled, but revived just a few days later and postponed because of another, similar game would release around the same time.

Forget about the dev, I thought the game hit the news and it's named SILL ON, I didn't noticed it was a typo of still on.

Anyways, seems the point about cancelled 3rd-party-games are away: the exclusive title is delayed because of better plan out the releases to give all games a chance to shine and the multiplat is cancelled on all platforms - so nothing Nintendo could do.

That keeps only the thing about the RAM. Are you able to answer my earlier question, which first-party-game it was, that used more mem than was available for third-parties?

LOL! I haven't noticed that typo! Will correct.

No, I'm sorry, I haven't been able to get the name of the game (^^) yet...

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

I might have worded that a bit wrong :P I stated in the OP that SOny will bring us megatons (I know what) and that should prove that my OP is right since it would infact give me inside information. The megatons isn't only games, but services as well...

There will only be proof that you have insider information, if you spell said information out. Everybody could make educated guesses and use some ambigious wording to scream "I was right!" when one or the other thing lines up with vague statements.

Exactly.  The whole fortune teller thing going on here.  Vague statements that could be claimed as truths later because they in fact are so vague and all encompassing.  "I can't tell you anything specific, but when the unspecified something happens, it'll be the one I was talking about."  yeah right.   This post is so full of bs, I don't even know why I'm giving it the time of responding.

Man, I see several scenarios:

1) You´re right about most of what you´re claiming, you´ll be hailed as king Sandin.

2) You definitely believe your source but he/she is trolling you.

3) There´s no source and you´re trolling us all.

4) assuming either 2 or 3 is correct, people will give you hell for it, you stay on the site but your image here is forever soiled, if you even care about that.

5) same as above, but you leave vgchartz for good.

6) same as above, but you return under a different name.

Around the Network
JGarret said:

Man, I see several scenarios:

1) You´re right about most of what you´re claiming, you´ll be hailed as king Sandin.

2) You definitely believe your source but he/she is trolling you.

3) There´s no source and you´re trolling us all.

4) assuming either 2 or 3 is correct, people will give you hell for it, you stay on the site but your image here is forever soiled, if you even care about that.

5) same as above, but you leave vgchartz for good.

6) same as above, but you return under a different name.

If my source is trolling me I just have to stick around and try to redeem myself... If that comes to pass I have hard times a head of me.

Another troll thread or just another uninformed thread opener ...

Anyway: It is widely known that Nintendo changed the specifications during Wii U development. This is why the first dev kits only had 768MB RAM and later ones had 1 GB RAM for games. This had been in discussion already at the first month of 2012 ...

You really should do some little investigation before opening a thread.

The other things you wrote, about Nintendo hiding graphics api is purely nonsense.

Hmm, it seems all fall into place. I try to summarize:

1) You have a source at a third-party.
2) It is not EA, because you already said the ones with the 1st-party-game were EA but you keep the 3rd your friend works a secret.
3) It is associated with Playstation-development, because your friend had much more information about Sony and all infos about Nintendo/MS seem to be second hand.
4) Your friend seem to have a Playstation-bias, because all info about PS is good, while all info about MS/Nintendo is bad. With inside-info he would have good and bad things at least about the platform he knows the most: Playstation. For instance your friend didn't share the info, that the named 3rd-party-devs were inflated: http://www.gamrreview.com/news/89809/sony-revises-list-of-third-party-ps4-developers-down-considerably/
5) The canceled games were not actually canceled by Nintendo, one was delayed, one was canceled on all platforms, so no Nintendo-involvement.
6) Can't say much about the region-locking thing about Nextbox yet, but are we sure PS4 isn't region-locked?
7) The memory-part. You claim EA found that out. But I realized, that criterion builds a game, that looks better than everything 1st- and 3rd-party so far. So they probably have a non-gimped dev-kit. And that means EA has a non-gimped dev-kit. As Z101 explains, the dev-kits with lesser memory might be an early development-step and were later replaced. As dev-kits also have to be produced and are probably of limited availability. The PS4-3rd-party-news I linked at point 4 has the following: 'Likewise Gamasutra even reported that 17-bit, despite being included on the list "does not have a PS4 dev kit as of yet, although that's not for lack of trying".' So even Sony can't give everyone a dev-kit. Nintendo probably gave internal studios and devs with good relationship (Capcom, Ubisoft, WB) the good dev-kits first and others got first the older dev-kits. That would include EA, because their support for Nintendo-platforms wasn't that great in the past. But they get replacements as they are available, because it seem Criterion already have a good one, so now even EA has good dev-kits.

That seems overall the most plausible explanation of all this. Does that mean everything is good between Nintendo and 3rd-parties? Hell no, but it's not as bad as your OP seemed to make it. That seems to be a mix of overexaggerating negative stuff because of bias in your source and limited information aside from PS.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Hmm, it seems all fall into place. I try to summarize:

1) You have a source at a third-party.
2) It is not EA, because you already said the ones with the 1st-party-game were EA but you keep the 3rd your friend works a secret.
3) It is associated with Playstation-development, because your friend had much more information about Sony and all infos about Nintendo/MS seem to be second hand.
4) Your friend seem to have a Playstation-bias, because all info about PS is good, while all info about MS/Nintendo is bad. With inside-info he would have good and bad things at least about the platform he knows the most: Playstation. For instance your friend didn't share the info, that the named 3rd-party-devs were inflated: http://www.gamrreview.com/news/89809/sony-revises-list-of-third-party-ps4-developers-down-considerably/
5) The canceled games were not actually canceled by Nintendo, one was delayed, one was canceled on all platforms, so no Nintendo-involvement.
6) Can't say much about the region-locking thing about Nextbox yet, but are we sure PS4 isn't region-locked?
7) The memory-part. You claim EA found that out. But I realized, that criterion builds a game, that looks better than everything 1st- and 3rd-party so far. So they probably have a non-gimped dev-kit. And that means EA has a non-gimped dev-kit. As Z101 explains, the dev-kits with lesser memory might be an early development-step and were later replaced. As dev-kits also have to be produced and are probably of limited availability. The PS4-3rd-party-news I linked at point 4 has the following: 'Likewise Gamasutra even reported that 17-bit, despite being included on the list "does not have a PS4 dev kit as of yet, although that's not for lack of trying".' So even Sony can't give everyone a dev-kit. Nintendo probably gave internal studios and devs with good relationship (Capcom, Ubisoft, WB) the good dev-kits first and others got first the older dev-kits. That would include EA, because their support for Nintendo-platforms wasn't that great in the past. But they get replacements as they are available, because it seem Criterion already have a good one, so now even EA has good dev-kits.

That seems overall the most plausible explanation of all this. Does that mean everything is good between Nintendo and 3rd-parties? Hell no, but it's not as bad as your OP seemed to make it. That seems to be a mix of overexaggerating negative stuff because of bias in your source and limited information aside from PS.

4) I have differing numbers of 3rd party developers... I'll leave it at that.

5) The game WAS canceled, but was very shortly green lighted thereafter again. The multiplat game was canceled by Nintendo before it was put on hiatus on EVERY platform.

6) Can't remember right now, but I think PS4 will be region free. My source talked very negatively about region locked consoles.

7) Read my 2nd post in this thread; criterion had problem developing for Wii U UNTIL they got better tools from Nintendo, and according to my source this was better dev kits because of the back lash they received once the secret about gimped dev kits was leaked within the industry.

But yes, perhaps I am over exaggerating or being told lies, but it's still worth a thought instead of the usual "3rd parties hate Nintendo so much that they don't want money"-theory.

DanneSandin said:
Mnementh said:

4) I have differing numbers of 3rd party developers... I'll leave it at that.

5) The game WAS canceled, but was very shortly green lighted thereafter again. The multiplat game was canceled by Nintendo before it was put on hiatus on EVERY platform.

6) Can't remember right now, but I think PS4 will be region free. My source talked very negatively about region locked consoles.

7) Read my 2nd post in this thread; criterion had problem developing for Wii U UNTIL they got better tools from Nintendo, and according to my source this was better dev kits because of the back lash they received once the secret about gimped dev kits was leaked within the industry.

But yes, perhaps I am over exaggerating or being told lies, but it's still worth a thought instead of the usual "3rd parties hate Nintendo so much that they don't want money"-theory.

About the "cancelled" game, don't you mean it was not approved. It sounds a bit weird when saying cancel. Nintendo uses the seal of aproval system and any game that does not have it can not come to the system, if I'm correct in this one that is.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David