By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PC, PS4 comparison Unreal Engine 4

The PS4 will need a lot of optimisation to get in running as well as the PC version, but that is doable if you look at how games change from demo to final launch.
That being said, getting Unreal 4 simply to run n the PS4 is impressive.

Around the Network

NVM, seems it was (1) GPU that was running that PC demo. However, that GPU alone costs ~$500+.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Rab said:
Euphoria14 said:
maxnyc said:
comparing the 2 volcano scenes- the lighting, textures, particle effects, etc all look a lot worse on the ps4

Someone mentioned that PC demo was running on 3x GPU. That alone makes a big difference does it not?

I wouldn't say the PS4 version looks bad by any stretch.

You're potentially talking about a comparison between a $450-$550 console to a PC that had ~$1200-$1500 worth of GPUs.

It's running on a single GPU at 1080p and 60fps on the PC

Yeah, I just saw that. As I said though in my newer post, that GPU alone costs ~$500.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
Rab said:
Euphoria14 said:
maxnyc said:
comparing the 2 volcano scenes- the lighting, textures, particle effects, etc all look a lot worse on the ps4

Someone mentioned that PC demo was running on 3x GPU. That alone makes a big difference does it not?

You're potentially talking about a comparison between a $450-$550 console to a PC that had ~$1200-$1500 worth of GPUs.

Yeah, I just saw that. As I said though in my newer post, that GPU alone costs ~$500.

Yeah PC's do more, but I don't think that's what we are comparing, it's just a graphics comparison at this point, to get a feel for how the PS4 stacks up to a "current" high end PC

The differences dont make any sense, the performance gap between the two systems used wouldnt have been that big. Would be a more valid comparison if they tried to make them look similar.

Around the Network

i see some differences, but not big enough to sneeze at.

Rab said:
Euphoria14 said:
Rab said:
Euphoria14 said:
maxnyc said:

Yeah PC's do more, but I don't think that's what we are comparing, it's just a graphics comparison at this point, to get a feel for how the PS4 stacks up to a "current" high end PC

I know. It's just that I don't feel that the difference is anything to make a big deal out of. It definitely is nowhere close to how to how it was back in 2007 with Crysis against say, Resistance.

The screens I showed display the fact that the PS4 version is missing some things here and there, but overall, when compared to the PC it is pretty impressive.

Currently playing:

The PC version looks better in every way, but I doubt you'd be able to see all that much of a difference in actual gameplay.

one of the bigger differences is 1080p against 720p. that's already a huge difference in needed power. 

The demo changed from the last year... so the comparisons are a bit hard.

And about my 3xGPU... it's true... but I was wrong about the demo... the Samaritan used 3-way SLI GTX 580... the Elemental use a single GTX 680.

Some guys in the Beyond3D are saying the Epic changed the Demo for PS4 because the lack of RAM... they create the Demo using 4GB of RAM so some techs are removed from the first Demo.... they think we will see a full PS4 Demo (created for the 8GB) soon.

Anyway there some graphics techs that can be used only with a lot of RAM like Voxel cone tracing for GI and shadows.

Anybody have the full specs of the PC running the Elemental Demo???