By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PC, PS4 comparison Unreal Engine 4

Top image PC, Bottom image PS4

PC video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD9CPqSKjTU

PS4 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-5VqaNf-gZ4#!

Around the Network

Don't see much of a difference.... PS4 is prototype hardware. Eyes are satisfied. No point in paying 2000 dollars for a gaming rig.

Look at the ground... lulz, remind me Digimon World 1! HUE

Holy shit that video is really impressive. Can't wait to see similar visuals in something like the Elder Scrolls.

Burning Typhoon said:
Don't see much of a difference.... PS4 is prototype hardware. Eyes are satisfied. No point in paying 2000 dollars for a gaming rig.

The difference in the texture details is huge. PS4 still has a long way to go to get close to PC level of detail.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

Compare the details in the Arch behind the character, and the detail in the ground. I think those comparisons show the lack of detail that the PS4 provides compared to current PC's

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Cleary397 said:
Compare the details in the Arch behind the character, and the detail in the ground. I think those comparisons show the lack of detail that the PS4 provides compared to current PC's

Too bad that Epic had to use a load of resources to create that video for PC.. not many pcs today can run that.. in real time..

mM

Well clearly the PC version looks much, much better, but then again the PS4 is still a new system and only the very top tier of computers can run UE4 at that quality. Looks good on PS4 though. Not mind-blowing, but good.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

leo-j said:
Cleary397 said:

Too bad that Epic had to use a load of resources to create that video for PC.. not many pcs today can run that.. in real time..

PC spec's don't stay still

If I'm not wrong that PC demo was running in 3x GPUs.

PS4 is really a monster.