By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PC, PS4 comparison Unreal Engine 4

The PS4 video is...sux. They still have work to do on that. The good news is that once they optimised it to best of their capabilities, or rather to an good enough level, it will work the same on all PS4 everywhere and the optimizations can be reused over and over again.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
If I'm not wrong that PC demo was running in 3x GPUs.

PS4 is really a monster.
 Elemental was running on a single GTX680 on the PC. We also know that Elemental was running at 1080p and 60fps on the PC

The screens aren't the same, there is another light source on PS4, the general lightning is different. It would be easier to compare if they were the same scene, and that isn't the case.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Holy shit that video is really impressive. Can't wait to see similar visuals in something like the Elder Scrolls.

Elder Scrolls 6 Hammerfell/High Rock

Make it happen within a couple years Bethesda (I'm not that into Fallout but if they are working on that maybe i'll like it more next gen)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I took screenshots at the same exact spots on each. Better than the current in the OP in my opinion, which shows different moments.

PC

PS4

Still looks pretty good to me, even if the PC version is ahead.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

PS4 version looks like plastic.

comparing the 2 volcano scenes- the lighting, textures, particle effects, etc all look a lot worse on the ps4

Kyuu said:
Ice textures appear to be much better on PS3 but maybe because of the meteor lighting. The rest obviously goes to PC.

That ice sequence isn't even in the PC video so the comparison is a stretch

maxnyc said:
comparing the 2 volcano scenes- the lighting, textures, particle effects, etc all look a lot worse on the ps4

Someone mentioned that PC demo was running on 3x GPU. That alone makes a big difference does it not?

I wouldn't say the PS4 version looks bad by any stretch.

You're potentially talking about a comparison between a $450-$550 console to a PC that had ~$1200-$1500 worth of GPUs.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
maxnyc said:

Someone mentioned that PC demo was running on 3x GPU. That alone makes a big difference does it not?

I wouldn't say the PS4 version looks bad by any stretch.

You're potentially talking about a comparison between a $450-$550 console to a PC that had ~$1200-$1500 worth of GPUs.

It's running on a single GPU at 1080p and 60fps on the PC