By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PC, PS4 comparison Unreal Engine 4

ghost_of_fazz said:
I'd like to add something: I think that the difference in visual quality we see right here, between the better looking PC demo and the PS4 one, will be similar to the difference between the PS4 and the Wii U. Will be something noticeable, but not a generational leap.

wooowooo, they should totally run that demo on Wii U, I wanna see the Wii U explode into a million pieces! That'd be awesome!

Around the Network
Raze said:
Subie_Greg said:

You couldn't be more wrong. Maybe you should look at this post below

Posted by bbd90 on another thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155605&page=4

I disagree with their findings in a lot of ways. OS and API in Win 7 64 bit using only 15% of the cpu power and 17% of the RAM, directly checked from my settings as we speak, and that's with Firefox open with 6 tabs, plus antivirus/antimalware, Steam, and a handful of other underlying system tray apps running.

My system has 16 GB of ram in it, so even with it using 20% of that ram, it's less than 3 GB used, leaving 13 GB free. RAM is dirt cheap for PCs, throwing more in is easy. I can jump up to 128 GB in this motherboard with 1 click from Newegg.com. The latest update from the DX11 people have opened the bottleneck quite a bit more, for the newer vid cards and games.

DDR5 ram is nice, don't get me wrong, but it's nothing world-changing at the end of the day. RAM is like a storage chest - just because you can find something a little faster doesn't mean you can fit any more inside of it once it's full. Textures, poly processing, particles and lighting all depend on this. Vid cards ship now with 2 GB of VRAM now on average, and some are breaking that barrier as we speak to 4GB. A new version of PCIe is due out late 2013/early 2014, which will expand the bus channels that the data passes through by a significant amount.

So at the end of the day, I couldn't be more RIGHT. But my point still stands, you'd clearly rather be trying to make a case that a PS4 is more powerful than a PC than actually just go play your PS3 and actually enjoy gaming. Me, I'm stuck here for a little bit more, got to finish a film edit. Then I'll go load up LFD2 on Steam.  =)

Again, dumb. Very dumb. And very wrong

No post of mine said the PS4 is was more powerful than a PC. You said they are 2 years out of date when release. IN PC terms yes, Console no. But you seem hell bent on comparing Console specs like it was a Desktop PC. Which, again, you shouldn't. That is why you fail

Sorry but I'll trust game Developers on what is what. Not some PC fanboy's clearly wrong opinion that he/she is trying to pass on as fact

Subie_Greg said:
Raze said:
Subie_Greg said:

Posted by bbd90 on another thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155605&page=4

I disagree with their findings in a lot of ways. OS and API in Win 7 64 bit using only 15% of the cpu power and 17% of the RAM, directly checked from my settings as we speak, and that's with Firefox open with 6 tabs, plus antivirus/antimalware, Steam, and a handful of other underlying system tray apps running.

My system has 16 GB of ram in it, so even with it using 20% of that ram, it's less than 3 GB used, leaving 13 GB free. RAM is dirt cheap for PCs, throwing more in is easy. I can jump up to 128 GB in this motherboard with 1 click from Newegg.com. The latest update from the DX11 people have opened the bottleneck quite a bit more, for the newer vid cards and games.

DDR5 ram is nice, don't get me wrong, but it's nothing world-changing at the end of the day. RAM is like a storage chest - just because you can find something a little faster doesn't mean you can fit any more inside of it once it's full. Textures, poly processing, particles and lighting all depend on this. Vid cards ship now with 2 GB of VRAM now on average, and some are breaking that barrier as we speak to 4GB. A new version of PCIe is due out late 2013/early 2014, which will expand the bus channels that the data passes through by a significant amount.

So at the end of the day, I couldn't be more RIGHT. But my point still stands, you'd clearly rather be trying to make a case that a PS4 is more powerful than a PC than actually just go play your PS3 and actually enjoy gaming. Me, I'm stuck here for a little bit more, got to finish a film edit. Then I'll go load up LFD2 on Steam.  =)

No post of mine said the PS4 is was more powerful than a PC. You said they are 2 years out of date when release. IN PC terms yes, Console no. But you seem hell bent on comparing Console specs like it was a Desktop PC. Which, again, you shouldn't. That is why you fail

Sorry but I'll trust game Developers on what is what. Not some PC fanboy's clearly wrong opinion that he/she is trying to pass on as fact

Oh good, you use fail, dumb and fanboy all in one reply. Now I can completely invalidate your argument as you act like an ignorant child. Thanks for not making me waste anymore time on anything you post ever again. Much appreciated.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Bummer, it looks better on PC lol.

Raze said:
Subie_Greg said:
Raze said:
Subie_Greg said:

Oh good, you use fail, dumb and fanboy all in one reply. Now I can completely invalidate your argument as you act like an ignorant child. Thanks for not making me waste anymore time on anything you post ever again. Much appreciated.

Thank you for not debating. You are wrong. Don't waste your time fighting a losing battle. Instead try to gather the right information and correct yourself

Around the Network

Games are gonna look better later this generation but don't expect start xbox 360 to end 360 games.

The reason for this is that at the start of this generation developers had limited experience with shader development. They have that experience now. Also techniques that made rendering more efficient like differed rendering and stuff like that is already being used.

Unless someone invents new techniques that are very efficient dont expect Perfect dark -> halo 4.