By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Off the little information we have now, will you buy the PS4 at launch

Yes I'm getting it day 1 

Around the Network

Depends on the lineup.

Developer Friendly? Check
Social Connectivity? Check
Play games while they are downloading? Check (Why not =P)
Killzone looks next gen? Check
New inFamous game that looks awesome? Check
Am I getting a PS4? Check

i certainly want one. knack and the witness looked great and shows off some diversity in lineup. infamous and killzone look amazing. looks of good buzz from developers seem to indicate 3rd party support and seeing bungie, ubi, blizzard on stage was great.

still have a few details though i want. price? service fees? MS console offerings? first couple of months sales?

Hypothetically, if what we've seen so far is all we get? No.

After some E3, gamescom, and TGS bombshells? Maybe.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Yes.

With this guy on board, you know shit got real! ;)

He has 11 360 games and 55 PS3 games, with all PS3 games under "currently playing"

Hardly a miracle developement lol

You'd have to know him and I's friendship to get it.

Thanks for the headsup.

I've never bought a console earlier than one year after launch but I swore a long time ago that in next gen I will be an early adopter. And PS4 is everything a core gamer could have wished for. I too was so impressed with KZ4 that it alone almost justifies a day 1 purchase of the PS4 and I'm not even a true fan of KillZone.

When Sony fan hype goes over-board (like in the build-up to this reveal event) it puts me off a bit, but that doesn't take away any excitement for the amazing machine we were shown yesterday and what it means for nextgen gaming.

badgenome said:

Hypothetically, if what we've seen so far is all we get? No.

After some E3, gamescom, and TGS bombshells? Maybe.

When did you buy the PS3?

What would you need to justify an early PS4 purchase? The Last Guardian (assuming it's exclusive to PS4)? Uncharted 4? New IP? More than 1 great game?

Yes, I always buy one console at launch.

If they manage to get Killzone and the racing game out on launch I'm happy.

Depends. If Killzone is a launch title then probably.

I've always regretted not holding out for at least a year. I'll have to have a look at the launch games first but the thrill and appeal of playing next gen games early is usually too strong so I'm pretty sure I'll be picking one up day one.