By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Off the little information we have now, will you buy the PS4 at launch

Wii U + PC + 360 (keeping in case GTA doesn't port over) is good enough till holiday '14. Had all 3 last gen, but this time only getting one of the MS or Sony evils.

Around the Network

Yes for sure day opne for me. Drive Club and Killzone 4 have sold the console to me.

CGI-Quality said:

That's Nintendo, but I'm talking about Sony's consoles, since that's what the topic is pertaining to. Sony has never had a "massive" bundle @ launch and I don't expect one here. 

So, you said: "Don't see how anyone can answer that without price and bundling options". My reply: based on what they did show, I'm already planning to pick the system up. 

So at $600 with no game and one controller, you'd buy one?

Definitely. It'll be the first console I ever bought at launch.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Slimebeast said:

When did you buy the PS3?

What would you need to justify an early PS4 purchase? The Last Guardian (assuming it's exclusive to PS4)? Uncharted 4? New IP? More than 1 great game?

I got it when the MGS4 bundle came out. Not because I wanted to watch the movie, mind you, but because those were the last of the backwards compatible units.

I'm not really sure what would make me jump for a PS4 at launch with all these PS3 games still coming out, plus my backlog. Uncharted 4 or Last Guardian would be tough to pass up, though.

Around the Network

No, not a priority. PC comes first

Meh I am leaning to the ps4 most defiantly, M$ burned me on the RROD too many times. They are the ones going to have to prove something.

I think after E3 I will know for sure.

No!  I have a wiiu and will buy either Nextbox or PS4 for 3rd party games. Why would anybody who isn't a dedicated Sony fanboy decide before Microsoft has the opportunity to respond?

No sure not ps4 announcement was disappointing, the graphics seem to be not that much better as ps3, xbox 360 and WiiU already offer and no real cool innovativ games were a announcet, the ps4 brings in geral nothing new and innovativ only a little graphics update. Only the new Infamous Game could interest me but that is way to less to justify a purchase for me, so I will wait and look how the ps 4 will evolve and when the price will cheaper and enaugh games are on the system then I will buy it.

As long as it's $500 or less then you betcha!