By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Off the little information we have now, will you buy the PS4 at launch

No. I´d wait a few months after release to see what games it will have. There´s plenty of life on my Ps3 yet and I really though that the lack of backward compatibility was not a good idea. Ok. there will be games on the "cloud", but that would require an insanely fast internet connection.

Around the Network

No because i'm poor and i have a mid-s*th pc where i can play, i'll wait for all the new consoles to be well established to buy one.

Not at the moment. Current gen consoles will keep me busy for 1-2 more years. After which I'll pick up next gen consoles at a lower price and potentially superior hardware (visually).

Yup, already 3-4 launch titles that I want irrespective of all the other stuff

No.
1. I'm getting a Wii U this year.
2. It'll probably be expensive.
3. I'm scared that when I turn it on it'll make my city's power grid turn off because of it's amazing god-like powers.

Around the Network

Nope.

Don't see how anyone can answer that without price and bundling options. But then again there are those who paid $600 for a PS3.

Had the Wii U been over $400 I wouldn't have bought it at launch. But $350 with free games and 10% back on digital made me say, "yep.. value is there".

Short answer: yes

Long answer: yeeeeessss

No, not with the information we currently know. Only the graphics impressed me, but the games didn't impress, and Killzone will never ever be as good as Halo. But I'll make my decision 6 months-1 year after both have been in the market and I've looked at the price. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

CGI-Quality said:
superchunk said:

Nope.

Don't see how anyone can answer that without price and bundling options. But then again there are those who paid $600 for a PS3.

Had the Wii U been over $400 I wouldn't have bought it at launch. But $350 with free games and 10% back on digital made me say, "yep.. value is there".

Most systems don't launch with a bundle, for starters. Plus, unless Sony prices it @ $600, which isn't going to happen, I think it's reasonable to say you're going to buy it at launch. 

Nintendo for the last two gens has had a bundled option.

Sony has been doing bundles MASSIVELY over its entire generation and I am pretty positive Vita had one. (could be wrong on that tho)

Based on those specs... its going to be over $400 at a loss. So it depends on how much a loss Sony is willing to take. Additionally, based on their coverage yesterday, I'm betting that PSEye will be in every box, which will of course bring up the cost per unit.

no.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.