By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Off the little information we have now, will you buy the PS4 at launch

sales2099 said:
In principle I am not a early adopter. They always get screwed with a later redesign/price cut.

this, but i'm a late adopter by price

Around the Network

it's like i climbed the fence and working my way down on Sony's side but still a little precarious to just drop, as much as I love both killzone and infamous(the two leading causes for getting a PS4) I'm a RPG guy; even through I'm upset with S-E if they make FF XIII Versus a launch title I would pre-order a PS4 in a heartbeat!!!

Depending on price.

If MS does not answer with something great and some real improvements to the XBL experience (uploading videos, etc) then I'll buy a Sony console first, then a MS console. Where as this gen after I saw what Sony was bringing with PS3, I bough a MS console then later a Sony console.

J_Allard said:
Depending on price.

If MS does not answer with something great and some real improvements to the XBL experience (uploading videos, etc) then I'll buy a Sony console first, then a MS console. Where as this gen after I saw what Sony was bringing with PS3, I bough a MS console then later a Sony console.

That is basically what i did. Did you have issues with the RROD? I got it 3 times then swore off xboxes until a redesign and bought a ps3 and then when the x360 slim was out i got one of those. 

still have one ps3 and it still works. so does the x360 but not after 3 tries.Ive never had a problem with a nintendo piece of hardware, they make solid consoles over and over for me.

Depends on the price of course... if it's $450 or lower then I'm in. Both because it would be too expensive and I need it to be less than $500 to not to pay importing taxes.

Unless MS really blows me out of the water, that is, though their leaked roadmap hints they won't.

Around the Network

Yes, day one.

No. Don't have a great deal of disposable income and nothing shown makes me think the PS3 will be worth a large chunk of that limited disposable income.

I'm not really into buying consoles on release. The PSV was the first I've ever done. I usually wait until there is that one game that I must play before I do that.

For the X360 that was Halo 3, for the PS3 that was actually the list of RPGs that were coming (such that I decided on PS3 for RPGs even when they were multi-plat on the X360), for the Wii that was Zelda.

This gen things might change a little. Depending on how quick they get Gaikai and PSN compatibility working may determine whether I get PS4 before RPGs begin to hit the PS4 hard. I am tired of Fable and Halo so at this point I do not see a reason yet for X720, but since the details are low I just dunno what other new games they may have that would force to eventually buy it. The Wii U is just unacceptable at this point unless they wow me to death with the next Zelda, the prev WiiMote driven Zelda left me so disappointed I did not even complete them (I was able to get through even Wind Waker for pet's sake).

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

LiquorandGunFun said:
J_Allard said:
Depending on price.

That is basically what i did. Did you have issues with the RROD? I got it 3 times then swore off xboxes until a redesign and bought a ps3 and then when the x360 slim was out i got one of those. 

still have one ps3 and it still works. so does the x360 but not after 3 tries.Ive never had a problem with a nintendo piece of hardware, they make solid consoles over and over for me.

My first Xbox lasted about a year. Got it "repaired" by MS for free but that repair lasted literally like 6 days. Got it back, it lasted maybe 3 months then died again. Sent it off for repairs for free again and this time they replaced it with a different model and it's worked like a champ ever since.

short answer: no
long answer: noo

but if deep down is exclusive then I might consider it when the game comes out

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(