By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Goal Post Chartz (data through June 14th, 2014)

RAWR

Around the Network

RAWR.

thanks to everyone that showed restraint! this marks the end of my reserved posts.

I like moving goalposts especially after a big win.

pezus said:
WiiU is really flatlining compared to Wii, isn't it?

Same could be said about the Vita compared to the PSP.

Around the Network
pezus said:
WiiU is really flatlining compared to Wii, isn't it?

Terribly so. I guess it's because of all those big Q1 Wii games.

No, I'm actually serious. Looking back, we had Wii Play, WarioWare, and Sonic in January and February for the Wii. Wii Play was a great way into getting people to keep playing their system for another month or two, and sold tens of millions of copies. And those other two games were both sales successes.

Love and tolerate.

i think i'm done formatting now. 

in case anyone cares now that i'm tracking weekly sales per region i have unique insight into adjustments. the big adjustments last week (that applied on feb 9th) had the 3DS and wiiU adjusted up over the holidays and 3DS, wiiU, vita adjusted down post holidays in america and europe.  there were no adjustments to japan.

3DS is now up 8% (up from 6%) YoY in 2012 meaning i lost my bet to Poe even worse so.  :P

Your charts are awesome and I salute you, Kitler.

Some interesting stuff here. Wii-U is certainly not in for anything close to the first year Wii had, but that much we knew already. Your 3 month weekly comparison was very interesting though. Shows Wii-U spiking higher than Vita; PSP; 360; PS3 etc. during the first 4-5 weeks, but it seems to have now settled at a baseline level that's even lower than Vita, whose first year was already a long way behind everything else. Really, really bad.

Vita v PSP is just awful, but the 3DS v DS comparison was really interesting to see. So 3DS is maintaining itself higher than DS in the same time period (that price cut spike, whoa), yet has now dropped behind in Europe & Japan (was genuinely surprised to see that it's not keeping up in Japan) and thus is falling behind worldwide. USA keeping the 3DS above board, especially seeing the recent sales there... seems so odd!

But yeah, anyway, thanks again!

Kresnik said:
Your charts are awesome and I salute you, Kitler.

Some interesting stuff here. Wii-U is certainly not in for anything close to the first year Wii had, but that much we knew already. Your 3 month weekly comparison was very interesting though. Shows Wii-U spiking higher than Vita; PSP; 360; PS3 etc. during the first 4-5 weeks, but it seems to have now settled at a baseline level that's even lower than Vita, whose first year was already a long way behind everything else. Really, really bad.

Vita v PSP is just awful, but the 3DS v DS comparison was really interesting to see. So 3DS is maintaining itself higher than DS in the same time period (that price cut spike, whoa), yet has now dropped behind in Europe & Japan (was genuinely surprised to see that it's not keeping up in Japan) and thus is falling behind worldwide. USA keeping the 3DS above board, especially seeing the recent sales there... seems so odd!

But yeah, anyway, thanks again!

thanks!

..and 3DS was kind of the most interested set of charts for me too.  around the forums you'd think 3DS is dead in the west and killing japan which is sort of the opposite of what the numbers say.

vita is just so depressing..  psp had an amazing start though and sort of came down early.  but still, vita is soo far behind it's not even worth laughing at. all i can do is cry and hope i'll still have games to play in 2014.

I'm liking this thread, very interesting and I hope you maintain it. Good job!

Interesting to see the Wii U sorta flatlining currently, but we knew that. Will this be a trend followed by PS4/720 I wonder? It's shown by Wii U, Vita and 3DS so far, after all.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.