By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Goal Post Chartz (data through June 14th, 2014)

ethomaz said:
WTF is that 3DS graph.... so crazy... ups and downs.

well, i aligned from weeks on market..

3DS (us): March 27, 2011

DS (us): November 21, 2004

...so that is a big part of it.

psp europe is the other one that is significantly different in the time of the year in which it launch relative to vita europe.

Around the Network

Interesting the Wii U is approaching 360 sales levels while the 360 did not have such an initial jump in sales the first holiday. I think the Wii U might drop below 360 level before the next holiday or equal. The question to me then is will it eclipse the 360 after the 2nd holiday?

Please keep updating Kitler?!?!

So I think this thread has a bad title for drawing attention to it. This would be annoying to have start collecting the data on excel myself since you Kitler are so good at it.

chocoloco said:
So I think this thread has a bad title for drawing attention to it. This would be annoying to have start collecting the data on excel myself since you Kitler are so good at it.

lol, didn't even notice you had bumped it ealier.  if you can think of a more scandalous/attention grabbing title i am open to suggestions.  my excel sheets are up to date but i've been intentionally avoiding updates to the thread.  my thoughts was that the forums have been quite lively lately and i'd update when they slow down a bit to have something to talk about.  maybe that's a bad assumption to think they will slow down now that ps4/xbone details are far more frequent.

ioi's adjustmest were pretty heavy handed, adjustments for wiiU went back all the way to week 2 sales but in general things still look the same.  wiiU offically fell behind ps3 and 360 in some regions.  3DS looks far more healthy (adjusted up by 2x-ish back through january of this year) but the DS turned it's corner in a way that 3DS has lost huge ground GenOverGen.  that's especially noticable in the US were 3DS is now behind DS.  vita - no real change.  it was adjusted up but you can hardly tell.  it's still losing ground at the same massive rate.

..i have to go to a thing soon-ish, maybe i'll try and get the chartz updated tonight.   ..late tonight.  i'm in wisconsin atm and will have to wait until i'm back in chicago.

kitler53 said:
chocoloco said:

lol, didn't even notice you had bumped it ealier.  if you can think of a more scandalous/attention grabbing title i am open to suggestions.  my excel sheets are up to date but i've been intentionally avoiding updates to the thread.  my thoughts was that the forums have been quite lively lately and i'd update when they slow down a bit to have something to talk about.  maybe that's a bad assumption to think they will slow down now that ps4/xbone details are far more frequent.

ioi's adjustmest were pretty heavy handed, adjustments for wiiU went back all the way to week 2 sales but in general things still look the same.  wiiU offically fell behind ps3 and 360 in some regions.  3DS looks far more healthy (adjusted up by 2x-ish back through january of this year) but the DS turned it's corner in a way that 3DS has lost huge ground GenOverGen.  that's especially noticable in the US were 3DS is now behind DS.  vita - no real change.  it was adjusted up but you can hardly tell.  it's still losing ground at the same massive rate.

..i have to go to a thing soon-ish, maybe i'll try and get the chartz updated tonight.   ..late tonight.  i'm in wisconsin atm and will have to wait until i'm back in chicago.

I expect the site to pick up steam myself as there will finally be new things to argue about. And, because more people care about consoles than those that care about handhelds. It like the interest in a light weight fighter championship as compared to the much larger interest in the heavy weight world title. You could call it the "stfu and start using facts in your arguments thread." I like that!!! Well, have fun with your "thing." I am interested in seeing the updated data for sure.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

I expect the site to pick up steam myself as there will finally be new things to argue about. And, because more people care about consoles than those that care about handhelds. It like the interest in a light weight fighter championship as compared to the much larger interest in the heavy weight world title. You could call it the "stfu and start using facts in your arguments thread." I like that!!! Well, have fun with your "thing." I am interested in seeing the updated data for sure.

don't think i can use that one and not get banned..

..but chartz have been updated.  enjoy!

Yo, Kitler, I got nothing o comment on in here, but would like updated numbers if you are sill willing to do it.

Any updates? :)

Yo, Kitler your brethren are looking for an update.

chocoloco said:
Yo, Kitler your brethren are looking for an update.

yeah, sorry.   i ended up quiting my job a few weeks ago and i did all my posting from my work computer because i had easy ways to screen cap my graphs.  i still have the numbers but my home computer has no image software other than in MS Paint.  just started my new job today actually and am suppose to get my new work computer tommorrow.   really hoping to update everything tommorrow night depending on what software i have availible to me.