By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita price dropped to $199 (both Wifi & 3G models). FFX HD shown, release date to be announced soon.

Thoughts?

Vita is saved 130 31.10%

Won't do much 76 18.18%

Short lived boost 95 22.73%

Will increase baseline sales a little 117 27.99%

Total:418
pezus said:
So why is it taking Square Enix years to do this FFX HD thing? It took Sony Santa Monica a few weeks to do GoW 1+2 HD...

Bluepoint Games *

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
Conegamer said:
KHlover said:
Vita with 1 game has been 199€ in Europe for ages. They need to include a Memory Card, the price cut alone won't do it.

Pretty much what I've been thinking all along. It may be different in Japan, but we've already been at that price and below for a fair while, and sales haven't helped. Aside from FFX, I didn't see anything which may come over here to assist that situation.

Here in The Netherlands the Vita Wifi is indeed below 199 but not with a game(that's about 230). So a Vita 3g with game below 199 would still mean a price cut of about 50 euro's. Also if they manage to squeese in a memory card for under 199 than i think it will definitely boost sales

I have been looking for you for forever.

So what movie is that anyways?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Conegamer said:
KHlover said:
Vita with 1 game has been 199€ in Europe for ages. They need to include a Memory Card, the price cut alone won't do it.

Pretty much what I've been thinking all along. It may be different in Japan, but we've already been at that price and below for a fair while, and sales haven't helped. Aside from FFX, I didn't see anything which may come over here to assist that situation.

Here in The Netherlands the Vita Wifi is indeed below 199 but not with a game(that's about 230). So a Vita 3g with game below 199 would still mean a price cut of about 50 euro's. Also if they manage to squeese in a memory card for under 199 than i think it will definitely boost sales

Total Recall, the original one.

OT: That was a surprise, didn't thought they were going to drop the price before FY end. So they lowered the forecast and the price cut.

KingHades said:
All I know is now im going to buy a Vita I made $75 last week and I plan to make another $125.
Just drop the memory card prices please....

Good for you, working for your money and everything. Welcome to adulthood, it sucks.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

benao87 said:
Otakumegane said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Conegamer said:
KHlover said:

Total Recall, the original one.

OT: That was a surprise, didn't thought they were going to drop the price before FY end. So they lowered the forecast and the price cut.

Haha yeah it's Total Recall, and i think it's one of the most awesome movies of all time.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
well if it's a global drop then a boost will happen.

Yeah, but I doubt it'll be a huge one, and very unlikely to be sustained. Could be wrong, of course.

same here. i think as long as Sony can keep games coming then vita will be able to hold a steady boost

Troll_Whisperer said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Both are $199? What does the WiFi only model have added to it to make up for lacking 3G to justify being the same price?

I know, I don't get it.

Vita 4G. They seling out 3G version to bring 4G with HDMI and USB for 249$ probably.

Hope there's a legacy program as well for early adopters, but I doubt it

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

kain_kusanagi said:

Both are $199? What does the WiFi only model have added to it to make up for lacking 3G to justify being the same price?

Don't be so naive. It's to get rid of stock to less savvy people who don't know the difference. Crafty I know, but that's why.

The PS5 Exists. 

kain_kusanagi said:

I think they will just stop making the 3G version (at least in japan) so they are clearing stock.   Now the version that offers more for the same price will fly out of shelves.