By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita price dropped to $199 (both Wifi & 3G models). FFX HD shown, release date to be announced soon.

Thoughts?

Vita is saved 130 31.10%

Won't do much 76 18.18%

Short lived boost 95 22.73%

Will increase baseline sales a little 117 27.99%

Total:418

Just announced by Sony, effective from February the 28th. So far they only mentioned the price drop in yen, but I think we can assume the price will be dropped elsewhere too. This is just in time for the batch of games that are releasing soon in Japan.

FFXHD has been briefly shown and the proper announcement with a release date will be made soon.

What effect will this have? Will it be enough to save it? What are your thoughts?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Both are $199? What does the WiFi only model have added to it to make up for lacking 3G to justify being the same price?

All I know is now im going to buy a Vita I made $75 last week and I plan to make another $125.
Just drop the memory card prices please....

kain_kusanagi said:

Both are $199? What does the WiFi only model have added to it to make up for lacking 3G to justify being the same price?

I know, I don't get it.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Sales should start picking up then after the 28th, albeit a bit slowly.

Time to see some short-term drops though for the next 2 weeks.

We got the Price-drop, now Vita needs its games.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

This is only for Japan, right?

And isn't the WiFi already that price? As such I see very little change.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Maybe they meant the Wifi only model is discontinued? Can someone confirm it?

This is for Japan only or all territories?

Wait this stuff only applies to Japan?

Conegamer said:
This is only for Japan, right?

And isn't the WiFi already that price? As such I see very little change.

The Wifi model was 250 and the 3G one 299.

Well, they only mentioned the price drop in yen but I think we can assume they price will also be dropped elsewhere.