By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita price dropped to $199 (both Wifi & 3G models). FFX HD shown, release date to be announced soon.

Thoughts?

Vita is saved 130 31.10%

Won't do much 76 18.18%

Short lived boost 95 22.73%

Will increase baseline sales a little 117 27.99%

Total:418
BaldrSkies said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
In the UK I have seen a Vita + 1 game and a 4GB memory card for £179.99. So the price cut needs to be around £159.99 to have any impact at all.

You do realize there's a difference in dropping MSRP, and the retailer's discretion for dropping the price themselves right?

Dropping MSRP will result in even lower retailer prices because they are paying less per console to the manufacturer, so have more room to mark down while chipping into their profit margins.

No I had no idea... 

Yes I do know but Sonys suggested RRP should be £159 If they want to see any movement 

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Otakumegane said:

We got the Price-drop, now Vita needs its games.

It has plenty of games, hell, it even has games for free. Games can no longer be used as an excuse, can it?

Games are not the excuse.

Killer apps are what  they need Monster Hunter and Memory Card price Drop to officialy spark sales in Japan.

A better Call of Duty game would help in the US.

Declassified is considered the worst Vita game and has sold 600k and will most likely reach 1mil. Now imagine if that game was actually good how many people would have bought it.

Conegamer said:
KHlover said:
Vita with 1 game has been 199€ in Europe for ages. They need to include a Memory Card, the price cut alone won't do it.

Pretty much what I've been thinking all along. It may be different in Japan, but we've already been at that price and below for a fair while, and sales haven't helped. Aside from FFX, I didn't see anything which may come over here to assist that situation.

Here in The Netherlands the Vita Wifi is indeed below 199 but not with a game(that's about 230). So a Vita 3g with game below 199 would still mean a price cut of about 50 euro's. Also if they manage to squeese in a memory card for under 199 than i think it will definitely boost sales

KingHades said:
ironmanDX said:
Otakumegane said:

It has plenty of games, hell, it even has games for free. Games can no longer be used as an excuse, can it?

Killer apps are what  they need Monster Hunter and Memory Card price Drop to officialy spark sales in Japan.

Declassified is considered the worst Vita game and has sold 600k and will most likely reach 1mil. Now imagine if that game was actually good how many people would have bought it.

thy definitely need a killer app, MH4 is now a 3DS exclusive so Vita wont get it, They would of announced it already, anyway GTA5 can still be the killer app in NoA+Europe

So FFX

meh?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
KingHades said:
ironmanDX said:
Otakumegane said:

thy definitely need a killer app, MH4 is now a 3DS exclusive so Vita wont get it, They would of announced it already, anyway GTA5 can still be the killer app in NoA+Europe

I should point out that while Nintendo has acquired exclusivity over the Monster Hunter series for the time being, they have not acquired the Monster Hunter Portable series. The foreign titles and limited releases make the naming and series somewhat confusing for those outside Japan, but Monster Hunter Portable 3 has absolutely nothing to do with Monster Hunter 3 or 3G. Simply being on a portable console does not place the game in the Portable series either. Of course Capcom would never announce a Monster Hunter Portable 4 game while there is still big money to be made on Monster Hunter 4.

The two most successful Monster Hunter games by far are Monster Hunter Portable 2G and Monster Hunter Portable 3.

No. It will have a bump for 2-3 weeks in Japan and get its resistance level higher. That said, it won't get a sustained increase unless it gets games, big games. It doesn't even have a 300k seller in Japan! 3DS has had 5 million sellers in comparison with the 6th on the way (DQ7). 

When the 3DS got a pricecut, it got a massive bump, but it already had a decent lineup with a lot of promise (3D Mario, MK, MH, AC, LM, and MH4 and others in the horizon). Vita does not have that unfortunately. Even the PS3 looked brighter at the same time frame!

I'm not comparing for comparison's sake, but Vita needs much more than a price cut. The PSP needed MH to save it in Japan, and it only got big early numbers from the initial hype of the first Sony handheld system. Vita doesn't have that hype, it needs to release some games. Unfortunately unless something drastically changes I can't see that happening. FFX is a good game, but it won't be the Vita's saviour especially if it's releasing on the PS3 as well.

Probably just trying to get rid of any remaining 3G models. Will probably average 10-12k weekly now in Japan following the price cut.

I wonder what will be the real price in US Dollars.

BaldrSkies said:
tbone51 said:
KingHades said:
ironmanDX said:
Otakumegane said:

I should point out that while Nintendo has acquired exclusivity over the Monster Hunter series for the time being, they have not acquired the Monster Hunter Portable series. The foreign titles and limited releases make the naming and series somewhat confusing for those outside Japan, but Monster Hunter Portable 3 has absolutely nothing to do with Monster Hunter 3 or 3G. Simply being on a portable console does not place the game in the Portable series either. Of course Capcom would never announce a Monster Hunter Portable 4 game while there is still big money to be made on Monster Hunter 4.

The two most successful Monster Hunter games by far are Monster Hunter Portable 2G and Monster Hunter Portable 3.

Sorta sounds like Wishfull thinking on your part.  Monster Hunter Portable 3 wasn't an updated Monster unter Tri or 3G, but it is still a Monster Hunter game.

The Portable titles came about because it was on the PSP.  Playstation Portable.  

A good paralel would be the Megaman games back when the Gameboy Megaman games were totally different then the console NES games.  They were still part of the Megaman franchise.

I'm not saying your wrong, but it's pure conjecture at this point