By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Update) Horrible review, The reviewer has joined & insulting me, is this right?

If you played the game, do you think this review was good?

YES 89 52.66%

NO 79 46.75%

Total:168
Runa216 said:

No problem personality #12, I knew what I was getting into when I wrote and published the review.  I knew as soon as I finished the game "Damn, people are going to hate me..." 

It's all cool.  I seem angry, I'm not.  I lost my cool once last night, but for the most part I'm chill.  Not my fault some people are insecure about their game and need to attack me for being rightly harsh on it. 

To be honest, I don't get why people need to attack you for writing a review, giving a low score for a game they like. Opinion is opinion, and simply saying what you honestly think is a very good thing, and more reviewers should do that. Why does it matter? It's just one review in the end and all of the context is there which explains why you find the game average.

Why is that so hard to accept?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Runa216 said:

No problem personality #12, I knew what I was getting into when I wrote and published the review.  I knew as soon as I finished the game "Damn, people are going to hate me..." 

It's all cool.  I seem angry, I'm not.  I lost my cool once last night, but for the most part I'm chill.  Not my fault some people are insecure about their game and need to attack me for being rightly harsh on it. 

To be honest, I don't get why people need to attack you for writing a review, giving a low score for a game they like. Opinion is opinion, and simply saying what you honestly think is a very good thing, and more reviewers should do that. Why does it matter? It's just one review in the end and all of the context is there which explains why you find the game average.

Why is that so hard to accept?

Its like being excited over a new flavor of icecream that costs $50 a scoop. When you finally get it and taste it and realized that it tastes like dog poop, you wouldn't admit it now would you? You'll have to stand your ground and attest that it was the most awesome icecream EVER! ahahahaha!

ganoncrotch said:

read until you started to talk about final fantasy, I've no interest in your views on games. If you can't have an actual discussion with why people think your review is poor then just stick to writing reviews and don't get envolved in a discussion with anyone on it.

How exactly am I unable to have a discussion?  I'm not the one resorting to insults.  I'm not the one getting bent out of shape. I've explained a dozen times by now why the criticism of my review is unfounded.  You can not like my body of work based on a couple reviews, but that just screams "I can't stand dissenting opinions about a game I love!"

Nothing I've said is out of line.  I'm not the only person to give it the score I did for the reasons I did. I'm just getting used to people on the internet getting angry over every score under 70.  I repeat, this mentality that any bad score, even one explained well, needs to be attacked is despicable.  Hell, I got harassed over giving Duke Nukem forever a bad score.  I hate to sound like a whiny child, but I'm serious when I say that you and many others in this thread (and responding to the review itself) needs to grow up and understand t here's a certain glory in differing opinions.  

This entire thread (andt he interne as a whole) would be a far more pleasant place if there was less aggression spewed by you and easyrider and others. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

How exactly am I unable to have a discussion?  I'm not the one resorting to insults.  I'm not the one getting bent out of shape.

This entire thread (andt he interne as a whole) would be a far more pleasant place if there was less aggression spewed by you and easyrider and others. 

I'm being agressive? I think that is what you are trying to say, you seem to be getting bent out of shape there towards the end of your post.

But yeah you're right everyone has opinions... but? you want less people who dissagree with you on the internet? well it's a good thing you have your open mind. It works out a lot better towards your argument if you can at least go an entire post without being a hypocrite.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Runa216 said:

How exactly am I unable to have a discussion?  I'm not the one resorting to insults.  I'm not the one getting bent out of shape.

I'm being agressive? I think that is what you are trying to say, you seem to be getting bent out of shape there towards the end of your post.

But yeah you're right everyone has opinions... but? you want less people who dissagree with you on the internet? well it's a good thing you have your open mind. It works out a lot better towards your argument if you can at least go an entire post without being a hypocrite.

No, just the opposite.  I want MORE people to disagree with me, but I want them to do so in an intelligent, calm, collected way.  This is not what's happening in this thread.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

It's a decent review and points out some flaws with the game, mainly the story is god awful at times and the normal mode that you start with gives you way too much ammo/health.

They should have allowed people to start off with Classic Mode along with the Normal/Hardcore difficulty. Classic to me feels the way DS3 should have been - Almost running out of ammo in the later chapters (at least for me) and not an over abundance of health.

People also forget to mention if you go back into an elevator/into a door once you enter the room you can play it safe 90% of the time. It seems like the enemies retreat when they see you going back into an elevator especially. WTF?

I loved the first two games. DS3 is by far the worst in the series. If your a fan It's still worth a look, but It's hard to have anyone new join in on the fun unless they are starved for a co-op game. This has EA written all over it.

It's just that simple.

Come on people, it is like you dont understand what a review is. A review is one guys opinion, nothing more. It isnt meant to be representative of what everybody will think of the game, but rather what one person thought.

I don't care about the game or the score but in the future you might want at least play some of the other difficulty levels.. yes thats a part of being a reviewer.. you don't have to finish it on every difficult levels but at least play it on different difficult levels so you can compare them to each other and inform people about it.. close that loophole so you can write better reviews in the future.. and you won't have to posts dozen of replies here, and in the comment section of the article.. peace!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

ganoncrotch said:
Torillian said:
ganoncrotch said:

keep in mind that Gamrreview while shown in the latest stories column on the front page here, isn't in fact the same website as VGchartz, for the Articles just by the writers of this site you wanna scroll down to the middle under the hardware sales for the week where it says Latest Articles, that is 100% vgchartz stuff.

As for gammmmrrrrrrrrrrrrrreview stuff, it's junk, most of the reviews put up there fetch 300-500 views unless they are absolutely off the wall wrong on scores when the draw a fraction more interest, in the long term tho it's not like the reviews there have any weight on anywhere other than that site, they are not even allowed by metacritic as actual critical reviews, they are indeed just rants for the few hundrew people who click the site. Kinda like Ben Zero Punctuation guy... but... yeah without the funny.

bolded:  actually our reviews average about 2000 views, nothin' amazing but reasonable.  Rest is all up to your opinion so I won't comment, but that part was just factually incorrect so I felt compelled.

"Our reviews" from the site admin here... so Gamrreview is then infact one in the same with this site? Just that in a recent post about the Gamrreview forums launching and there being some confusion as to why there was forums for the gamrreview site when it was a completely different website to this one which already has it's own forums... well you see how there would be confusion. I mean I guess it's that you own and run This site, Gamrreview and Gamewise? but now all 3 of them have their own individual forums? but the same moderation team between the 3? I add 3 question marks not as 3 individual questions, but because I am legitimately not sure if what I am typing is correct or not and am confused on the matter.

edit - http://www.gamrreview.com/article/89732/gamrreview-forums-are-live#comment-788461316 < article I'm referring to where they are said to be different sites completely only linked by article feeds not unlike the way this site and N4G and Zergnet are linked.

my being a site admin here (or atleast having that under my avatar) doesn't have much to do with my running gamrReview.  I actually have nothing to do with Gamewise.  So to recap: I'm a mod here, I run gamrReview, have nothing to do with Gamewise, and those three sites are separate but they spawned from the same source so they share a lot of the same staff.  The moderation team is not the same between the three forums.  

Why is everybody complaining about 1 review? No matter how you slice it is a mediocre game. You dont agree with his review then buy it And play it but no reason to complain about it.