By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Update) Horrible review, The reviewer has joined & insulting me, is this right?

If you played the game, do you think this review was good?

YES 89 52.66%

NO 79 46.75%

Total:168
KylieDog said:

As in the first two games, you play as Isaac Clarke, a space engineer who keeps getting in over his head in a conspiracy involving mystical alien artifacts that are turning people crazy and urging them to start a new religion that revolves around the idea of turning everyone into a space zombie known as a necromorph. This plot kind of worked in the first game where the 'religion' in question was more or less confined to the Ishimura, but once it spread to human civilization, surely it should have been eradicated. I repeat, it was a religion that revolved around the idea of killing everyone and turning them into space zombies. Are we really supposed to believe that future human civilization is capable of faster than light travel and galactic colonization, but isn't capable of destroying the so-called markers that are very clearly driving people to insanity? Are we supposed to believe that supposedly intelligent people find the idea of being turned into a necromorph in any way appealing? I've heard of some pretty weird religions throughout Earth's history, but I can't recall one that was so widespread and so very dangerous.

...really should not go on a rant about something in the game when clearly not informed of the series lore or universe at all.  I've not played DS3 and don't care about review score, but what I quoted is just flat out wrong and I know this from reading up the series universe from past games in-game information.

I played the game with a superfan and confirmed all my points with him and two others before writing the review.  If something is factually inaccurate, please, correct me.  

Oh, and if it's something that was told in the movies or novels, it doesn't count.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
KylieDog said:

As in the first two games, you play as Isaac Clarke, a space engineer who keeps getting in over his head in a conspiracy involving mystical alien artifacts that are turning people crazy and urging them to start a new religion that revolves around the idea of turning everyone into a space zombie known as a necromorph. This plot kind of worked in the first game where the 'religion' in question was more or less confined to the Ishimura, but once it spread to human civilization, surely it should have been eradicated. I repeat, it was a religion that revolved around the idea of killing everyone and turning them into space zombies. Are we really supposed to believe that future human civilization is capable of faster than light travel and galactic colonization, but isn't capable of destroying the so-called markers that are very clearly driving people to insanity? Are we supposed to believe that supposedly intelligent people find the idea of being turned into a necromorph in any way appealing? I've heard of some pretty weird religions throughout Earth's history, but I can't recall one that was so widespread and so very dangerous.

...really should not go on a rant about something in the game when clearly not informed of the series lore or universe at all.  I've not played DS3 and don't care about review score, but what I quoted is just flat out wrong and I know this from reading up the series universe from past games in-game information.

I played the game with a superfan and confirmed all my points with him and two others before writing the review.  If something is factually inaccurate, please, correct me.  

Oh, and if it's something that was told in the movies or novels, it doesn't count.

the 2996 people who died on september 2001 as well as their families might disagree with you here, but I guess that doesn't count because we can only travel at 40,000mph in space...  well we did in the 1960s but hey in 40 years people just get faster things to fly into cities and destroy them.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Runa216 said:
KylieDog said:

the 2996 people who died on september 2001 as well as their families might disagree with you here, but I guess that doesn't count because we can only travel at 40,000mph in space...  well we did in the 1960s but hey in 40 years people just get faster things to fly into cities and destroy them.

What in the blue hell are you talking about? 

I'd take your criticism to heart if you made sense.  I'd take everyone's criticism to heart if they were criticizing me for things I actually did wrong and not just whining becuase they didn't like the score and didn't agree with my reasoning.  Not knowing all the details of the backstory?  Yeah, okay, I suppose I could afford to know more about it, but my mentality remains from my hatred for FFXIII: if your story is told via datalogs, then you've failed at telling a story properly.  If I can't appreciate what's going on without sifting through dozens..no, HUNDREDS of entries in a database through three games, then the developer has failed.  I, as the gamer (and as the reviewer) shouldn't have to go through hoops to properly understand what's going on.  and yes, I beat all three Dead Space games. Yes, I consulted fans to ensure nothing was wrong.  

They say you need to know what critics to heed, which critics to ignore.  I've only seen one argument in this entire thread I should, in the future, heed.  an overwhelming majority of the things said in this thread can be completely ignored. 

There's no reason why the difficulty matters, and there's no reason I should have to go through the game twice completely to experience a minor change in game feel.  I should not have to jump through hoops to enjoy the base game.  it is not my job to cater to the developer's inadequacies as a developer, it is their job to present to me a game that is enjoyable.  Adding features is nice, but unless the game is enjoyable in its purest, base form (normal mode, normal difficulty), then I shouldn't have to bend over backwards switching modes just to enjoy it.  Those difficulties and different modes are not for the average player, they'te for people who liked the game and wanted to experience something more.  if you really can't understand this, then you have no place judging game design, and you certainly have no place insulting my ability to review games. 

And that goes for everyone in this thread. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Personally the game does look too easy as ammo is VERY plentiful. The bit about not being able to shoot limbs is wrong though as it's not THAT difficult but then again, you have so much ammo that shooting limbs to kill enemies is rather pointless.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

regin2005 said:
Personally the game does look too easy as ammo is VERY plentiful. The bit about not being able to shoot limbs is wrong though as it's not THAT difficult but then again, you have so much ammo that shooting limbs to kill enemies is rather pointless.

oh, I know you can do it, but it's not even close to being an optimal, or even a viable option when you have four enemies all lunging at you at high speed.  I'vegot good aim, but based on the first 4 hours of the game where ITRIED to blow the legs off everything anf failed becuase they were too fast, I found that, in t he end, this is no longer dead space, it's just a generic shooter set in the Dead Space world, and that's a real shame.  Not severing limbs kinda destroys the whole purpose of Dead Space.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

It's entertaining, keep it going folks!

If you don't like his review, then write one yourself and let's compare. Then we might choose which of those two will make it to Gamerrrrrrrreview.

Runa216 said:

I'd take your criticism to heart if you made sense.  I'd take everyone's criticism to heart if they were criticizing me for things I actually did wrong and not just whining becuase they didn't like the score and didn't agree with my reasoning.  Not knowing all the details of the backstory?  Yeah, okay, I suppose I could afford to know more about it, but my mentality remains from my hatred for FFXIII: if your story is told via datalogs, then you've failed at telling a story properly.  If I can't appreciate what's going on without sifting through dozens..no, HUNDREDS of entries in a database through three games, then the developer has failed.  I, as the gamer (and as the reviewer) shouldn't have to go through hoops to properly understand what's going on.  and yes, I beat all three Dead Space games. Yes, I consulted fans to ensure nothing was wrong.  

They say you need to know what critics to heed, which critics to ignore.  I've only seen one argument in this entire thread I should, in the future, heed.  an overwhelming majority of the things said in this thread can be completely ignored. 

There's no reason why the difficulty matters, and there's no reason I should have to go through the game twice completely to experience a minor change in game feel.  I should not have to jump through hoops to enjoy the base game.  it is not my job to cater to the developer's inadequacies as a developer, it is their job to present to me a game that is enjoyable.  Adding features is nice, but unless the game is enjoyable in its purest, base form (normal mode, normal difficulty), then I shouldn't have to bend over backwards switching modes just to enjoy it.  Those difficulties and different modes are not for the average player, they'te for people who liked the game and wanted to experience something more.  if you really can't understand this, then you have no place judging game design, and you certainly have no place insulting my ability to review games. 

Easy budy, have a citrus punch and dont blow gasket.

take deep breaths...inhale....exhale....inhale...exhale... XP

On a lighter note, good work alternate acc. runas! we're at 50-50 lol XP

I don't see why everyone's so up in arms about this review. It's an opinion, and it's a valid one here the criticisms have been given weight. You can disagree with it, but it won't change the fact that it's a well written review which explains his opinions of the game well.

Where's the problem?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

ils411 said:
Runa216 said:

Easy budy, have a citrus punch and dont blow gasket.

take deep breaths...inhale....exhale....inhale...exhale... XP

On a lighter note, good work alternate acc. runas! we're at 50-50 lol XP

No problem personality #12, I knew what I was getting into when I wrote and published the review.  I knew as soon as I finished the game "Damn, people are going to hate me..." 

It's all cool.  I seem angry, I'm not.  I lost my cool once last night, but for the most part I'm chill.  Not my fault some people are insecure about their game and need to attack me for being rightly harsh on it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
ganoncrotch said:
Runa216 said:
KylieDog said:

read until you started to talk about final fantasy, I've no interest in your views on games. If you can't have an actual discussion with why people think your review is poor then just stick to writing reviews and don't get envolved in a discussion with anyone on it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive