By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Meeting Live Stream -Feb 20th 23:00 GMT (Ended)

Alvida said:
"Hey 1 post bud, check the sales numbers on the home page. If that's your definition of a stomping then you must have never seen an actual stomping before."

Hey not too bright bud, how about you read the posts beforehand to know that we were referring to it's US sales. That way you'll save yourself an owning.

'a console on the market in the US a year earlier than another console, has sold more in the US'

Any other obvious statements you want to make?

Around the Network

are half of the kids who are hissy fitting throwing their rattles out of their prams obviously too young to remember how well supported the previous playstation consoles were after their sucessor was launched.

the ps1 sold from 1994 for nearly 10 years even though the ps2 launched in 2001.

the ps2 as of 2011 had sold over 150 million even though the ps3 launched in 2006, some of you need to really brush up on your history also those system specs for the ps4 really to a PC gamer are bloody high and how some of you were unimpressed is just pathetic, unlike the previous playstation consoles the ps4 should provide seamless conversion from PC to console and vice versa, if anything it sound's more like blind panic from xbox fanboy's desperate to try to rubbish the power within this new ps4.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

oldschoolfool said:
CGI-Quality said:
oldschoolfool said:
CGI-Quality said:
oldschoolfool said:
Bon-Clay said:
"Why do you take such comments seriously? There is no intelligence in what Bon-Clay said. It also seems like he has seen the future and saw in his dream a superior MS presentation?"

Umad?

It doesnt have to do with the presentation. Sony's was weak and Xbox's is unlikely to be much worse. At this point Xbox is stomping PS4 in US, this was Sony's chance to go first and show something spectacular and they didn't at all.

Xbox will continue to make a fool out of Playstation in US.

My thoughts exactly. Sony did'nt give me a reason to get the PS4.

So you agree that Xbox is "stomping the PS4", before it is even unveiled? 

Well probably in the US. that should'nt even be a question in my mind.

I think it's an unreasonable assumption without a proper unveiling of the system. Many favorable assumptions were made for the PS3 early on, and look how that turned out.

what are you talking about. xbox360 sold about 15 million more systems,then the ps3 in the US. I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption that the same thing will happen next gen. 

Yeah, and? How many more PS2 consoles were sold compared to the XBox in the US back then? 

Sure, because of their Live accounts, people could be more willing to continue to invest into their gamerscores. But you can't claim victory before you've even started the race. Things could still go either way. Especially since we still don't know what MS will announce.

sergiodaly said:
8 Gb GDDR5
the controller looks awesome and the share button is true.
almost 2 Tflops for the GPU
remote play with VITA (i guess for all the games or the majority)
Stop (power down) and Resume the game function
Killzone
InFamous
Media Molecule (great dev. the demo was great, great move by sony when they bought them)
Deep down by capcom
watch dogs

those are the thing that stand out for me!

You pretty much nailed it. May even get a Vita at some point so the remote play may come into it.

What I am interested in seeing is how the smartphone and tablet integration really work.

I am pretty sure Android phones and tablets will integrate but what about iOS and Windows... OK forget windows.

Around the Network

"'a console on the market in the US a year earlier than another console, has sold more in the US'"

Even without that year Xbox's US sales ROFLstomp PS3's. Shit take 2 years off and it'd still be in the lead.

So overall I'll give it a 7/10. It's about what I expected, some cool reveals and great looking games with nifty features, but also some which were underwhelming, a lot of tech talk and also concerns about the price.

It's shaping up very nicely, though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Kresnik said:
ethomaz said:

Excellent, thanks for this.

CDProjekt... Witcher 3 coming to PS4?

LucasArts... Star Wars 1313!

Sony Online Entertainment... more proof of Planetside 2?

Avalanche Studios... Just Cause 3!

Otherwise, I notice they seem to have strategically left Blizzard off the picture, haha.  Just making sure they kept the announcement a surprise :P

Pretty sure they said Witcher 3 is on next gen consoles. Plural.

ethomaz said:
The GAF goes offline... so no EPIC gifs for while.

Thank GOD. They were getting extremely irritating.

It was a damn good conference but Sony fucked up by not dropping the prices for PS3 and especially Vita. I'm still worried these playstation world rumors are true and sony didn't want to announce it now with backlash. It can't be true. Sony already has Plus. Just add more to that hell add more cost with streaming and other features but no charging for online and access to apps.