By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Meeting Live Stream -Feb 20th 23:00 GMT (Ended)

This presentation was really geared towards the western audience. I think they did well overall; however, they started off too strong and dragged out the presentation for too long though.

Nevertheless, the real game changer will come at E3. On a side note, it seems that Sony is leaving Japan out of the picture and giving Nintendo a free win, but maybe its too early to say.

I hope SE doesn't troll us at E3 with only a trailer and a ''coming soon'' banner. I'm buying a PS4 regardless.

Around the Network

Who cares how the console looks? Its really stupid to worry about that, the only thing you need to know for now is that the box can run these games.

"I think it's an unreasonable assumption without a proper unveiling of the system. Many favorable assumptions were made for the PS3 early on, and look how that turned out."

Yeah it ended up getting stomped by the Xbox and that's what will continue for the next gen.

It all comes down to content, and features

For everything else.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

8 Gb GDDR5
the controller looks awesome and the share button is true.
almost 2 Tflops for the GPU
remote play with VITA (i guess for all the games or the majority)
Stop (power down) and Resume the game function
Killzone
InFamous
Media Molecule (great dev. the demo was great, great move by sony when they bought them)
Deep down by capcom
watch dogs

those are the thing that stand out for me!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
Alvida said:
"I think it's an unreasonable assumption without a proper unveiling of the system. Many favorable assumptions were made for the PS3 early on, and look how that turned out."

Yeah it ended up getting stomped by the Xbox and that's what will continue for the next gen.

Hey 1 post bud, check the sales numbers on the home page. If that's your definition of a stomping then you must have never seen an actual stomping before.

The presentation exceeded my expectations. The 8gb GDDR5 seems like something Kutaragi would do. Pretty crazy if you ask me. With that the PS4 Hardware exceeds the rumored 720 Hardware in every point by a pretty big margin. Hopefully MS will counter somehow.

And the games were even on that shitty streaming quality a graphically noticable step up compared to PS3.

Watchdogs looked stunning and the lighting in that capcom titel was really something else. And after seeing that car game I can barely imagine what GT 6 will look like for short seconds it almost looked like reality to me. Like that feeling when you watch Avatar and for a split second it looks like real life.

Also the Controller seems to adress every single issue I had with the DS3. And if the Demo SE showed is indeed what we can expect in the next years future games will top Crysis 3 Vanilla

Diablo 3 and Bungies new game are actually two titles I would love to see on PS4.

And the playing a game while its downloading feature is genius. Also the downloading while off and that thez have dedicated Hardware to handle that without putting strain on the systems ressources.

MMs game does look interesting if that sculpting with move works as simple as implied it could be really interesting to create stuff. Looks better to me than Little Big Planet where I actually just liked the Editor.

However I think we just saw a few things to come E3 will hold a few surprises thats for sure.

And I think graphically the games at launch will rival Crysis 3 on PC on single GPUs. A 7870 already runs Crysis in 1080p 4xMSAA and Very High at 30 FPS, granted its the GHZ Edition but with the advantages of a closed system and a low level API it will be possible to do that without too much effort.

The PS4 looks like the perfect gaming device to fill the time until the Oculus RIft matures.

"Hey 1 post bud, check the sales numbers on the home page. If that's your definition of a stomping then you must have never seen an actual stomping before."

Hey not too bright bud, how about you read the posts beforehand to know that we were referring to it's US sales. That way you'll save yourself an owning.

The GAF goes offline... so no EPIC gifs for while.

Vinniegambini said:

This presentation was really geared towards the western audience. I think they did well overall; however, they started off too strong and dragged out the presentation for too long though.

Nevertheless, the real game changer will come at E3. On a side note, it seems that Sony is leaving Japan out of the picture and giving Nintendo a free win, but maybe its too early to say.

I hope SE doesn't troll us at E3 with only a trailer and a ''coming soon'' banner. I'm buying a PS4 regardless.

TGS is the event that caters to the Japanese market.