By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Meeting Live Stream -Feb 20th 23:00 GMT (Ended)

Was alright. Not that great and I laughed my butt off when I saw the Playstation music demo on stage. I kinda got annoyed that they didn't show us the console, but then I remembered that I always wait for the price cut and buy the slim version. Sony better show more first party games at E3. Where the hell is the Last Guardian?

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network

Bittersweet for me. The hardware is good - Killzone looks terrific... but I don't personally like Killzone. :(

Watchdogs was my favorite thing they showed, but it'll be on PC as well. Overall there really wasn't anything shown that got me excited for the console, although I'm sure that will change once we see Naughty Dog and Santa Monica's offerings.

justinian said:
sergiodaly said:
8 Gb GDDR5
the controller looks awesome and the share button is true.
almost 2 Tflops for the GPU
remote play with VITA (i guess for all the games or the majority)
Stop (power down) and Resume the game function
Killzone
InFamous
Media Molecule (great dev. the demo was great, great move by sony when they bought them)
Deep down by capcom
watch dogs

those are the thing that stand out for me!

You pretty much nailed it. May even get a Vita at some point so the remote play may come into it.

What I am interested in seeing is how the smartphone and tablet integration really work.

I am pretty sure Android phones and tablets will integrate but what about iOS and Windows... OK forget windows.

oh... and David Perry... when i was 14/15 i play Cool Spot and Aladdin, latter earthworm jim and MDK... so, i like this guy a lot...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Complete PS4 Specifications: http://gamingbolt.com/sony-releases-complete-ps4-specifications

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221a_e.pdf

Specs released by Sony

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

From the spec sheet doc:

"The Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) has been enhanced in a number of ways,
principally to allow for easier use of the GPU for general purpose computing (GPGPU) such as
physics simulation.  The GPU contains a unified array of 18 compute units, which collectively
generate 1.84 Teraflops of processing power that can freely be applied to graphics, simulation
tasks, or some mixture of the two.

PS4 is equipped with 8 GB of unified system memory, easing game creation and
increasing the richness of content achievable on the platform.  GDDR5 is used for this memory,
giving the system 176 GB/second of bandwidth and providing a further boost to graphics
performance."

@bolded. Just wow. This is pretty much a 7870 gpu. Thats amazing. Also rumours about a 14+4 GCN split were either wrong or the split wont have an effect on developers deciding how to use their resources. Also if the next box is really limited to 12 GCN then there is going to be a serious gap between the consoles.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Well, I guess it is now forward and onward to E3.

That's when everything will hopefully be just that little bit clearer.

Shinobi-san said:
From the spec sheet doc:

"The Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) has been enhanced in a number of ways,
principally to allow for easier use of the GPU for general purpose computing (GPGPU) such as
physics simulation. The GPU contains a unified array of 18 compute units, which collectively
generate 1.84 Teraflops of processing power that can freely be applied to graphics, simulation
tasks, or some mixture of the two.
PS4 is equipped with 8 GB of unified system memory, easing game creation and
increasing the richness of content achievable on the platform. GDDR5 is used for this memory,
giving the syste"

They actually used a full 8GB of GDDR5. That's insane, I tought it would be 4GBs of GDDR5 and the other 4GBs would be DDR3 for the OS. If the price is similar to the rumored $429 then it's gonna be incredibly cheap for that kind of hardware.

Shinobi-san said:
8 GDDR5 RAM is the major surprise IMO.

This is truly amazing. Just about everybody disregarded this as a fanboi's dream and impossible to implement this late into development.

Crazy stuff. Btw i personally think, given the sole focus of the system on gaming, the price of the console will reflect that.

Exactly. No one believed in 8GB RAM on the PS4, at least not in 8 gigs of fast GDDR5 RAM. And there were a lot of people doubting its GPU would be 8x PS360.

Now what I hope is that MS ups its rumored specs by beefing up at least their GPU to be on par with the PS4 because I don't want next gen multiplatform games to be too gimped by Xbox 720 by being the lowest common denominator.

I find the share button kinda lame. Like, who's gonna post videos of their gameplay so often?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54