By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Meeting Live Stream -Feb 20th 23:00 GMT (Ended)

Link to the stream for those who missed it (starts at 1:25)
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/14/watch-the-220-playstation-event-on-ign

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I'm so sorry I wasn't present at the time of the meeting's stream.

Thanks to anyone who kept up with the conference announcements, and to the mod who updated the title!

I need to watch the conference now.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Shinobi-san said:

I also don't think that because of the hardware specs mentioned that the console will sell at a loss or be unreasonable priced.

The fact that Sony and AMD have managed to fit a glorified 7870 gpu into an APU design is amazing. And seeing that this is an APU design, this will be power efficient and cheaper than individual component parts.

This is why they went with jaguar cores (they are tiny!). The entire architecture is built with gaming performance in mind, as well as energy efficiency and at the same time keep costs down.

As for the 8GB of GDDR5 ram....I'm hearing all over the place that this is just outright expensive.

But since i don't think Sony will be offering much else with the hardware other than the controller and the dual cameras, there's probably room for that expense.

I'm honestly seeing a $250 BOM on this thing.  APU shouldn't cost more than $150, BD drives have gone down in price, an extra 100 dollars between the BD drive and mobo/casing.  $300 tops.  Sony's in a good position assuming that camera and controller doesn't cost much.

I almost cried when I watched...

I finally found the pics in the internet.

Maybe about halfway through.
Killzone 4 graphics are literally unbelievable.
Remote play all games is the best feature Sony can ever bring to owners. My favorite announcement so far.
Pumped for the InFamous sequel. The presentation before the trailer was really good.

I paused at Media Molecule. Media Molecule's Move presentation was a fucking momentum killer...

I'm sure I'm probably missing something. Going back to finish video.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

Maybe it's my difficult to please cynical nature, but I was pretty underwhelmed. The games looked great, but I kinda expected them to. The games were very typical Sony - shooters, explosions, and racers. Just not really my cup of tea. Not sure why I expected Sony to win me over now when they never really have. Guess I'm getting desperate after Nintendo let me down with the Wii U lol..

Really wish they revealed a price. The fact that they chose to held it back kinda tells me that they're reluctant to reveal it. That's going to be a HUGE factor for me, as well as BC, and we still don't really have the details of either.

I do like the idea of the instant streaming gameplay, taking videos, etc. I also appreciate the idea of playing games you're downloading WHILE downloading them. That is something that always bugged me with 360. The Vita streaming WOULD be cool if I had a Vita or ever planned on buying one lol.

I might still get a PS4, just depends on if MS can blow my mind at E3 or before then, and like I said, if the price is cheap enough AND has BC. Won't be getting both consoles. Jury is still out for me.

This is absolutely awful. KZ was a shooter and Driveclub was a racer but none of the other games were like that at all. We saw a puzzle game, an open world action game, a 3D action/platformer, an fantasy action RPG. I just don't think you could be pleased if your takeaway is that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

drkohler said:

Dumbest comment of the day.

We know Sony has thermal problems with the PS4, and now they just upped memory to 8G GDDR. That is A LOT OF CHIPS that probably required a complete redesign of the mainboard (double sided, with at least another layer for decoupling). There is no way they have a final design at this time, this will require a few weeks of redesign and testing.

And too many people here complaining "I didn't see - so PS4 is shit"

3rd party developers also have the new XBox to cater to, a steep learning curve even for large studios. Don't expect your favourite game to arrive first day. As a 3rd party developer, you don't risk falling on your nose with your first and supposedly best game on a new console.

I's guess the games shown at this presentation (actually the first ones looked luîke upscaled 720p games) already outnumber all available games on the WiiU...

Why zo zerious. I was just Joking hence the smileys. trololol! You didn't get the cloud thingy did you? It's pun for gakai cloud gaming.

Anyway, Deep Down have something similar to the Souls series. It gives me that vibes. It's like Capcom's take on the souls series.

Infamous 2nd sons looked great, new hero new beginning and I think Sucker punch will now be more efficient since Sony owns them already. Sony will give them priority now.

MM demo is interesting the first half but the guitar thing is atrocious sorry.

Killzone shadowfall. The GFX blown me away. It's a major step-up from Kilzzone 3. 

I also like the part where you can try th demos of the game? without even Downloading it. That's special.

Driveclub vs GT.  

The Diablo thing is surprising and seeing Bungie and master chief? on a PS event is something special. trololol!

I hate SE showed a tech demo that's already known? and then teased an announcement for E3. Here's hoping they are at Sony conference. Atleast capcom showed a game. 

Athough, I agree with the commentor on twitch where I watched they spend too much talking. That's why it got dragged too much.

I can't wait for E3. The biggest guns of Sony will be there. Uncharted, GOW and maybe GT. We also might see some new IPs and some major 3rd party games. 

Nsanity said:

LOL PACTER WAS RIGHT, PS4 DOES DO 240FPS

Seriously, fuck you Square Enix . I personally don't care for you or your games anymore but I can understand the fans that are disappointed with you again and again .

You have Versus that has been in development for 7 years, and you're showing us a tech demo from last year. And just to further troll your fans, you make it seem like a last second announcement is going to blow viewers minds just to crush their hearts with an announcement of an announcement for E3.

Go away forever Square Enix

hatmoza said:
Seriously, fuck you Square Enix . I personally don't care for you or your games anymore but I can understand the fans that are disappointed with you again and again .

You have Versus that has been in development for 7 years, and you're showing us a tech demo from last year. And just to further troll your fans, you make it seem like a last second announcement is going to blow viewers minds just to crush their hearts with an announcement of an announcement for E3.

Go away forever Square Enix

LOL Square should be banned from all future meetings.