By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter "Nintendo Cant Recover"... WTF? Really, Seriously, OMG!

Michael Pachter....

Troll 70 16.55%

MegaButtHurt Troll 129 30.50%

Trollololol 39 9.22%

Michael paTroll 39 9.22%

Noooooo. 28 6.62%

*Face Palm* 118 27.90%

Total:423

So non withstanding Patcher comments, there are actually people on this site that think that WiiU can recover and reach something like 50 million units sold lifetime ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I swear, some one really needs to give this guy a good punch one day.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Ail said:
So non withstanding Patcher comments, there are actually people on this site that think that WiiU can recover and reach something like 50 million units sold lifetime ?

look at PS3, Good system Did terrible in its first 3 months while Wii was killing it! Did it look like PS3 could recover? For most people no, but like i say, you cant judge intill its at full capacity! Anybody with a brain can see Nintendo is doing bad cuz of no software and PS3+X360 have much cheaper price tag/bundles and over a 7 year game library! Michael Pachter is retarded and is only used for comedy and to piss off Nintendo gamers!

tbone51 said:
Ail said:

look at PS3, Good system Did terrible in its first 3 months while Wii was killing it! Did it look like PS3 could recover? For most people no, but like i say, you cant judge intill its at full capacity! Anybody with a brain can see Nintendo is doing bad cuz of no software and PS3+X360 have much cheaper price tag/bundles and over a 7 year game library! Michael Pachter is retarded and is only used for comedy and to piss off Nintendo gamers!

Sony and Microsoft command a more stable portion of the gaming audience than Nintendo. Microsoft cut off a share of Sony's marketshare during the PS2 era and they now collectively sit at over 140 M plus and will reach the 150 M (Sony's PS2 sales) before the next consoles launch. After Sony broke down Nintendo's fanbase when they went with the third parties they've consecutively ran off with a little over 30-35 M+ per gen. If some new gamers stick after the Wii gen, which most definitely wont with the Wii U's current structure we're looking at a 10 M console hike for Nintendo overall (being generous) for Nintendo if they cannot hook casuals majorly. They forgot exactly what made the Wii so special and its that they gave casuals something they had never seen before and made gaming accessible for casuals who don't really like a major challenge that demands major learning.

I wouldn't say it's doomed. Just that the Wii U hasn't yet given consumers enough reasons to buy.

The average gamer and consumer looks at the Wii U to be on par with the PS3 and 360 in graphics. And the only real difference being the controller with the mini Ipad in the middle. Most of the launch games were already out on the PS3 and 360 and didn't take advantage of the Wii U controller.

But the good news is that those problems can be fixed. And Mario and Zelda have a large fan base. 

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Ail said:

Yeah well the problem is the 7 year game library isn't going to go anywhere... It's just going to become an 8th year game library soon..( with GTA5 as the cherry on top of the cake..).

As long as customers compare the WiiU software to the 360/PS3 it can not win.  Even if Nintendo starts releasing software it will be a drop in the ocean.. The price of the PS3/360 catalog will always be a tonn cheaper than the WiiU software ( that's why Publishers wants a new gen, PS3 and 360 titles are getting discounted so much, new titles can not compete and the only way they can compete is if they are not compared to those titles in the customers's mind and the problem is by having publishers port 360/pPS3 games to the WiiU Nintendo made the comparison between those relevant to customers..)

I'm sorry but you don't convince customers you are new gen by offering ports of old gen titles for sale...

How many PS2 ports did Sony heavilly market at the release of the PS3 ? None, Meanwhile Nintendo was demoing PS3/360 games at E3 on the WiiU..( and it wasn't even porting footage it was footage of the original games, LOL).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I honestly think the WiiU is dead.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
tbone51 said:
Ail said:

Sony and Microsoft command a more stable portion of the gaming audience than Nintendo. Microsoft cut off a share of Sony's marketshare during the PS2 era and they now collectively sit at over 140 M plus and will reach the 150 M (Sony's PS2 sales) before the next consoles launch. After Sony broke down Nintendo's fanbase when they went with the third parties they've consecutively ran off with a little over 30-35 M+ per gen. If some new gamers stick after the Wii gen, which most definitely wont with the Wii U's current structure we're looking at a 10 M console hike for Nintendo overall (being generous) for Nintendo if they cannot hook casuals majorly. They forgot exactly what made the Wii so special and its that they gave casuals something they had never seen before and made gaming accessible for casuals who don't really like a major challenge that demands major learning.

it does suck for nintendo, Since millions of users were casually, but still waaaaay to early to determine anything imo. Wii started with Wii Sports, maybe Wii U can do the same no? Bowling on the wii u with Wiimotes and the gamepad for personal info like a real sport? Nintendo can do many things but as of now intill at least July/August nothing appears tobe good for wii u except pikmin 3 but thats just for that audience(which is large,but not really). At least 3DS will have the best year, nothing will come close to half of wat its gonna get!

Pesmerga7551 said:
I honestly think the WiiU is dead.

Its not dead, it just wont have the same effect as the Wii on the casual market. Microsoft will take more of that crowd with the Kinect 2 and legitmately take over the living room with casuals. Nintendo tried the tablet gimmick, when casuals already have tablets. Wrong move.

tbone51 said:
Ail said:

There is a common misconception that somehow the PS3 did terribly its first three months. While it's true that the Wii completely dominated global sales, and the PS3 wasn't doing so hot, there was a reason for that: accessability, aka it hadn't come out in Europe. When it did, it sold more than half a million its first week, and went on to match the Xbox 360

The cases aren't even remotely similar. The Wii U hit the biggest three markets within a few weeks, but the PS3 took almost 4 months to cross the Atlantic. If anything, it makes the Wii U look more shaky; it's not even able to beat the PS3 globally even when the PS3 wasn't being sold in its biggest market.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.