By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter "Nintendo Cant Recover"... WTF? Really, Seriously, OMG!

Michael Pachter....

Troll 70 16.55%

MegaButtHurt Troll 129 30.50%

Trollololol 39 9.22%

Michael paTroll 39 9.22%

Noooooo. 28 6.62%

*Face Palm* 118 27.90%

Total:423
tbone51 said:
scat398 said:
Pacther makes a valid point about the current market forces Nintendo is facing. Mobile phones and ultra books and tablets are eating up there market share, denying it and calling pacther a troll is silly, he's a paid analyst not a fan boy.

wat is this then? January 2011: "Pachter: 3DS will outsell PSP2" January 2011: "Analyst Michael Pachter: 3DS price too low" (!) July 2011: "Pachter reckons the Vita will thrash the 3DS" December 2011: "Pachter says Vita will outsell 3DS" December 2011: "Michael Pachter: PSVITA's 3 month sales will be ahead of the 3DS" July 2012: "Michael Pachter Doubts 3DS XL's Powers of Revival"

Those are statements made by an analyst who gets paid by webbush securities to give his opinion on current market conditions.  What is stated one month may change three months later.  Have you ever seen how analyst talk, one month it's by McDonald's the next month it's sell sell. Taking statements from different moments in time is meaningless.  He's not a troll or trolling and his current statement on the environment the wii u is facing is accurate.  In three months the market may change and as such so may his statement.

Around the Network

The reality is that he's more or less right. Nintendo invested EVERYTHING into this dumb "game pad" concept, which didn't pay off. It's not going to pay off. There is no "give it more time." People just dont care about it now, they won't care about it once PS4/XBOX3 are released.

Nintendo has got to be worried right now. You don't need a crystal ball to figure out that nintendo is in trouble. Only 2 months after launch.

tbone51 said:
scat398 said:
Pacther makes a valid point about the current market forces Nintendo is facing. Mobile phones and ultra books and tablets are eating up there market share, denying it and calling pacther a troll is silly, he's a paid analyst not a fan boy.

wat is this then? January 2011: "Pachter: 3DS will outsell PSP2" January 2011: "Analyst Michael Pachter: 3DS price too low" (!) July 2011: "Pachter reckons the Vita will thrash the 3DS" December 2011: "Pachter says Vita will outsell 3DS" December 2011: "Michael Pachter: PSVITA's 3 month sales will be ahead of the 3DS" July 2012: "Michael Pachter Doubts 3DS XL's Powers of Revival"

Quoting headlines is pretty much useless. They're meant to grab attention, not summarize. Taking headlines as read is like quoting review scores out of context as if they meant anything.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Anyone here that wants any of the major 3 to fail aren't real gamers. Can't all this doom and gloom stop please.

tonymarraffa said:
Anyone here that wants any of the major 3 to fail aren't real gamers. Can't all this doom and gloom stop please.

Not everyone who thinks Nintendo could "fail" wants them to. But it is a gloomy time for the company right now, and it presents an interesting and important point of discussion.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

"Their handheld business can’t save them in the face of cannibalization from smartphones and tablets" is probably the only sentence this man has ever uttered that I fully agree with.
Handhelds are going away for good, at least in their current form.

Pachter is a troll.i still cant believe he stil has a job.a monkey can do his job

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Mummelmann said:
"Their handheld business can’t save them in the face of cannibalization from smartphones and tablets" is probably the only sentence this man has ever uttered that I fully agree with.
Handhelds are going away for good, at least in their current form.

Handhelds are being drained but proven by Nintendo 3DS is still doing good, NoA and Europe might not be as good as when DS was but non the less it'll be stronger! 3DS will have an amazing year, Dont sell it short my friend

tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
Don't call me a troll just like that. He has his reasons and weak Wii U sales with the 3DS troubles in the West are very worrying. I just don't see them turning Wii U sales around so easily. This will take a lot of work for Nintendo.

No1 will call you a troll lol, anyway he said no recovery. Its way too early to say this, I mean there is no software out yet, even Nintendo knows this which is there fault but come on. Every chance this guy gets, its just frustrating. I see the Vita have a bad year. Is it Doomed? Nooo. It just needs heavy adjustments (not going into detail cuz there is alot to cover). Beside I still dont see why to keep him at his crazy remarks unless they use him for Comedy?

LOL I have no idea why I wrote "me". Maybe I'm pachter :D

Anyway about the Vita doom question....it might very well be. I'll wait for post price cut before really saying it though!

VGKing said:
tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
Don't call me a troll just like that. He has his reasons and weak Wii U sales with the 3DS troubles in the West are very worrying. I just don't see them turning Wii U sales around so easily. This will take a lot of work for Nintendo.

No1 will call you a troll lol, anyway he said no recovery. Its way too early to say this, I mean there is no software out yet, even Nintendo knows this which is there fault but come on. Every chance this guy gets, its just frustrating. I see the Vita have a bad year. Is it Doomed? Nooo. It just needs heavy adjustments (not going into detail cuz there is alot to cover). Beside I still dont see why to keep him at his crazy remarks unless they use him for Comedy?

LOL I have no idea why I wrote "me". Maybe I'm pachter :D

Anyway about the Vita doom question....it might very well be. I'll wait for post price cut before really saying it though!

thats why i always Re-read what i write lol, anyway Yea Via is in bad shape but a year on the market is way too early to judge. I mean even a Fanboy can never say Vita will outsell 3DS (unless they are mentally ill ). Wii U doesn't have its games yet, PS3+X360 got great F-ing deals(cheaper price tag and major game library). Vita all though doing vry terrible can turn that around with Great Support, Cheaper Price Tag on everything!!!, and A remodel imo. Point is People got to stop dooming something especially when theres time to fixd things! Just saying