By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter "Nintendo Cant Recover"... WTF? Really, Seriously, OMG!

Michael Pachter....

Troll 70 16.55%

MegaButtHurt Troll 129 30.50%

Trollololol 39 9.22%

Michael paTroll 39 9.22%

Noooooo. 28 6.62%

*Face Palm* 118 27.90%

Total:423
scat398 said:
Pacther makes a valid point about the current market forces Nintendo is facing. Mobile phones and ultra books and tablets are eating up there market share, denying it and calling pacther a troll is silly, he's a paid analyst not a fan boy.

wat is this then? January 2011: "Pachter: 3DS will outsell PSP2" January 2011: "Analyst Michael Pachter: 3DS price too low" (!) July 2011: "Pachter reckons the Vita will thrash the 3DS" December 2011: "Pachter says Vita will outsell 3DS" December 2011: "Michael Pachter: PSVITA's 3 month sales will be ahead of the 3DS" July 2012: "Michael Pachter Doubts 3DS XL's Powers of Revival"

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
scat398 said:
Pacther makes a valid point about the current market forces Nintendo is facing. Mobile phones and ultra books and tablets are eating up there market share, denying it and calling pacther a troll is silly, he's a paid analyst not a fan boy.

wat is this then? January 2011: "Pachter: 3DS will outsell PSP2" January 2011: "Analyst Michael Pachter: 3DS price too low" (!) July 2011: "Pachter reckons the Vita will thrash the 3DS" December 2011: "Pachter says Vita will outsell 3DS" December 2011: "Michael Pachter: PSVITA's 3 month sales will be ahead of the 3DS" July 2012: "Michael Pachter Doubts 3DS XL's Powers of Revival"

When Patcher talks people should take it with a grain of salt. When he talks MIcrosoft they sould listen a little better. It seems he has access to Microsoft and no one else so his views can be considered scewed to one side.

That being said yes Wii U is doing horribly right now and it should be viewed at what is to come for the other two. I seriously doubt this is because of Mobile phones etc since that is portable. The PC game market resurgance is what console have to contend with. But it is more of a symbiotic relationship then one where they are directly compeating. What is hurting the Wii U and what is going to hurt the two new consoles is the last gen of consoles. It's simple economic factors, and if NIntendo, Sony and Microsoft can weather the first year they sould recover.

If the rumors about Backwards Compaitiblity are to be believed NIntendo might make a recovery faster, since the new console benefits for the last gen right out of the box. Where as Microsoft may not have it at all and Sony as a service you may have to pay for.

I think he's right.

Nintendo did misfire with the Wii U, and that much is true, but they will not be a failure. The Wii U will profit, but it wont get anywhere near as high as the Wii did in sales. The Wii U doesn't give casual consumers something they've never had before like the Wii did, which is why they'll fail to be impressed. The Kinect will continue to suck up the casual market when the Kinect 2 launches. Nintendo needs to start putting out commercials notifying people who still have the Wii that you can still connect their Wii Mote to the new Wii U.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo did misfire with the Wii U, and that much is true, but they will not be a failure. The Wii U will profit, but it wont get anywhere near as high as the Wii did in sales.

if pachter said wat you said everything would be ok! He starts saying the craziest things!

tbone51 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo did misfire with the Wii U, and that much is true, but they will not be a failure. The Wii U will profit, but it wont get anywhere near as high as the Wii did in sales.

if pachter said wat you said everything would be ok! He starts saying the craziest things!

He is kind of the biggest hit whore in this industry at times.

Not that I'm agreeing with him, but I think he is referring to the Wii U and not Nintendo as a whole. In case anyone is making that jump.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

tbone51 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Look at the rest of what I wrote. I updated it.

Even if Nintendo were to fail with the WiiU they could just rely on the handheld market, if that didn't work they can retreat to the Japanese market. Japan is a market they'll always be strong in with handhelds even if the rest of the world plays on their tablets.