By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter "Nintendo Cant Recover"... WTF? Really, Seriously, OMG!

Michael Pachter....

Troll 70 16.55%

MegaButtHurt Troll 129 30.50%

Trollololol 39 9.22%

Michael paTroll 39 9.22%

Noooooo. 28 6.62%

*Face Palm* 118 27.90%

Total:423

I can understand why he's saying what he's saying about Wii U, even though I think it's way to early to count Wii U out. However, I don't understand where he keeps getting the idea that Nintendo's handheld is being cannibalized by the smartphone market. If he's going by sales number alone, that doesn't mean anything. They are two completely different markets. Most people don't buy smartphones to play games. Naturally more people are going to buy smartphones. Looking at the 3DS by itself, it's constantly outselling every other game system on the market. It's getting the kind of exclusive third party support that everybody (including Nintendo themselves) wished their consoles could get. Nintendo's own games are selling very well. It's managed to hit the 30 million mark after 2 years on the market which started which a fumbled launch. Yeah, it may not be smartphone sales or 99 cent game sales, but Sony would probably give anything to be in Nintendo's position right now.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Around the Network

Numbers are not great at all, but I try to see the glass half full knowing that the Wii U launch will outsell the 360/PS3 launch. It is too early to say that the Wii U will continue to sell like this in its entire lifetime, no major first party has been released, and I have yet to see a single ad for the system. Still, looking at the numbers are worrying but I will have to wait until next year to give a better evaluation of the console.

I have to be honest. Pachter's nintendo comments really does make me butthurt.
Fuck! He really pisses me off.

Bet with ninjablade:

Ninjablade wins if the next 5 multiplat on the wii u are inferior to the 360 version.

I win if one of the 5 mulitplats are on par or superior on the Wii U.

Isn't this guy usually wrong in his "predictions"

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

phewww!! my mind is at ease

Around the Network

i think we will all look back on the WiiU sales at this point with all its doom and laugh, much like the PS3 early on. The WiiU will be fine, it needs a few years to establish itself and its off!
he also seems confused about Nintendo's hand helds.. the 3DS is going great

tbone51 said:
Yoooooooo This guy wants Nintendo to fail, i swear! If i only could get 1 nice punch on him lmao

Get in line.

I guess the Wii U doesn't get a second christmas, unlike the Vita.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Well it seems that the Wii U will have a better year than anticipated this year.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

In designing the Wii U to be non offensive they stripped the passion out of it like Star Trek The Next Generation.

Tease.

The 3DS actually isn't doing as great in the West as people make on. Roughly 140k for the 3DS in a five week January NPD is soft, so were its Nov/December numbers.

The PSP even used to sell about the same or better than that in the West before it fell off.

It's not flat lining like the Wii U, but Iwata mentioned it in the investor's briefing, they're not happy that Japan sells more 3DS' than Europe + North America combined when North America used to sell 2x-3x more DS than Japan because it's a far larger population base.