By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Update: Dual Shock 4 leak "genuine"

I'm sure there's plenty of little tricks they could do in a game using the TRACK PAD. Picking a lock, dusting for fingerprints, Hacking devices ala bioshock, even taking notes or drawing within a game. Sounds pretty cool if you ask me and it wont take away from the ergonomics of the DS4.

Around the Network

Doesn't the vita have a touchpad on the back? i think that would be better than one on the front. my thumbs already have enough to do.

Chark said:
flagstaad said:

It is not a touch SCREEN is a touch pad, think laptop touch pad, and those are small, around 3-4 inches. It makes a little more sense, is a cheap addition that can bring something new, even if it is a little difficult to use it since the screen is so far away from the controller and you don't have visual clues on the control itself.

Whose to say there won't be a cursor? If you prefer to navigate using analogs, the cursor could easily dissapear and be out of the way, but if you use the touchpad there will most definetly be a cursor. They aren't going to have you randomly try to press stuff on screen. Having the screen be far away from you should not affect ones ability to navigate via touchpad.

There has to be some kind of cursor on the TV screen, but it will require some adjusting for sure (every new way of controlling something does). If the cursor is on and off, it will be harder to integrate the touchpad in the regular play (unles is used like an extra button), and most likely will be used for touchpad exclusive games, like Angry Birds PS4 edition, Fruit Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, and so on.

theprof00 said:
KungKras said:
If all of these rumors are true at the same time, the PS4 is going to be an expensive mess of random new technologies :/

explain

Touch screens n the controllers, the console having it's own special display, something about a camera. It's pretty self-explainatory that all that at the same time would be a mess.

I LOVE ICELAND!

The one thing I know for sure is that if all/most of the rumors about the PS4 are true it will be a very expensive system ...

Around the Network
KungKras said:
theprof00 said:
KungKras said:
If all of these rumors are true at the same time, the PS4 is going to be an expensive mess of random new technologies :/

explain

Touch screens n the controllers, the console having it's own special display, something about a camera. It's pretty self-explainatory that all that at the same time would be a mess.

Oh you were including rumors that weren't in the OP as well.
Well yeah, there are some very diffuse ideas flying around but I'm thinking it's going to be grounded into:

No built in camera, it's an add-on
touchpad (not touchscreen) control center
No console special display.

Basically just a ps3 with gaikai, better graphics, and touchpad on the controller.

The new controller will have 2 WiiU-ish controllers mounted on both sides.
2 screens is better than 1.

theprof00 said:
KungKras said:
theprof00 said:
KungKras said:

explain

Oh you were including rumors that weren't in the OP as well.
Well yeah, there are some very diffuse ideas flying around but I'm thinking it's going to be grounded into:

No built in camera, it's an add-on
touchpad (not touchscreen) control center
No console special display.

Basically just a ps3 with gaikai, better graphics, and touchpad on the controller.

Yea, that's more realistic.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:

Yea, that's more realistic.

Yeah, I was worried at first too. expensive controller, expensive unnecessary peripheral camera built in, expensive media...the costs would have been unsustainable and left us with another 599$ console.

I'm actually already wondering how MS is going to be able to keep costs down while integrating kinect 2, trying as hard to keep up with the ps4 tech specs, and having to include extra RAM for the kinect processing. The only way out that I see is if they can go easier on the processing power, or have a dynamite subscription plan/payment options/contract.

M.U.G.E.N said:
I hope they still include a share function..even if it's not in the controller

What's a "share" function?

I hope it's a small touchscreen, like the VMU on the dreamcast. That thing was brilliant.