By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Update: Dual Shock 4 leak "genuine"

flagstaad said:
irstupid said:
I don't get it if its true.

Seems pointless expess to have a touch screen on the controller that small. There is barely anything you could do with it. To me kind of feels like the 6-axis all over again. Tossing on a quick slight imitation for no apparant reason.

Either go big or go home.

It is not a touch SCREEN is a touch pad, think laptop touch pad, and those are small, around 3-4 inches. It makes a little more sense, is a cheap addition that can bring something new, even if it is a little difficult to use it since the screen is so far away from the controller and you don't have visual clues on the control itself.

Hmm so its a touch pad.  So it will always be black, no screen.

Hmm, not sure what would be the point of having a touch pad on the controller.  What would you use it for?

Around the Network

pretty obvious that they remodel the L2 and R2 buttons.

and i posted this to counter your profile pic... (Jeez)

Tell me guys.. would bluray be sufficient enough to have 4k resolution video on it?...

if not.. i fear sony might introduce a new video format for storing 4k movies.. on the " PS4k "

BluGamer23 said:
Tell me guys.. would bluray be sufficient enough to have 4k resolution video on it?...

if not.. i fear sony might introduce a new video format for storing 4k movies.. on the " PS4k "

I just found an example. A 50 minute movie shot in 4K resolution needs 160GB of storage capacity, well beyond the capabilities of the current Blu-ray disc. If we extrapolate a little, a 120 minute movie (a good average), it will require 384GB.

flagstaad said:
BluGamer23 said:

I just found an example. A 50 minute movie shot in 4K resolution needs 160GB of storage capacity, well beyond the capabilities of the current Blu-ray disc. If we extrapolate a little, a 120 minute movie (a good average), it will require 384GB.

Hey thanks for the reply! yikesss... !

wowsers.... hmm.. makes me think.. will sony be pushing 4k format next?.. as they like to create push new formats along with their console/handhelds.. haha scary thought.. lets all hope not for the sake of PS4 costs...

even though the name PS4k looks like a fit for the 4k format.. lol.. scary! coincidence?

Around the Network

A screen on the controller sounds awesome. Every piece of equipment nowadays has one it seems lol. But i hope to God it's not a tablet controller like with the Wii U.

BluGamer23 said:
flagstaad said:
BluGamer23 said:

Hey thanks for the reply! yikesss... !

wowsers.... hmm.. makes me think.. will sony be pushing 4k format next?.. as they like to create push new formats along with their console/handhelds.. haha scary thought.. lets all hope not for the sake of PS4 costs...

even though the name PS4k looks like a fit for the 4k format.. lol.. scary! coincidence?

jesus that size movie would definately screw over the torrenting/piracy community for the time being well you know if they could release those movies in a format which was cheap to buy in stores it would mean that you couldn't get the same quality realistically from a download than you could get from buying a disk.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Somini said:
A screen on the controller sounds awesome. Every piece of equipment nowadays has one it seems lol. But i hope to God it's not a tablet controller like with the Wii U.

it's not about a screen, if they're keeping the duelshock design and like this article says, A TOUCHPAD it will be nothing like the wii-u controller, maybe they'll work it into the back of the pad much like the rear touch design of the vita?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

KungKras said:
If all of these rumors are true at the same time, the PS4 is going to be an expensive mess of random new technologies :/

explain

flagstaad said:

It is not a touch SCREEN is a touch pad, think laptop touch pad, and those are small, around 3-4 inches. It makes a little more sense, is a cheap addition that can bring something new, even if it is a little difficult to use it since the screen is so far away from the controller and you don't have visual clues on the control itself.

Whose to say there won't be a cursor? If you prefer to navigate using analogs, the cursor could easily dissapear and be out of the way, but if you use the touchpad there will most definetly be a cursor. They aren't going to have you randomly try to press stuff on screen. Having the screen be far away from you should not affect ones ability to navigate via touchpad.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(