By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 dominates 2012 sales in australia

walsufnir said:
cheese_man said:
walsufnir said:
I guess Horrorfest was referring to PS3 in general. But I am wondering how Halo4 can get 3rd for 2012 given that PS3 "dominates" in AU and given that the game released in November... Perhaps not so dominating? (especially actual numbers are still missing in this thread)

Because Xbox was doing great a few years ago. Its not like software sales are limited to the people who bought consoles this year. There are plenty of Xbox owners in AU. In fact it was ahead of the PS3 for at least 4 years.

How do you know? Are there any numbers that proof this?

Yes VGchartz used to record it before they limited a tone of data.
edit: Obviously can't bring it up now, I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread the numbers at the end of 2010.

Around the Network

YAAAAYY!!! Lets party

Yay!!!

walsufnir said:
I guess Horrorfest was referring to PS3 in general. But I am wondering how Halo4 can get 3rd for 2012 given that PS3 "dominates" in AU and given that the game released in November... Perhaps not so dominating? (especially actual numbers are still missing in this thread)

I'm more surprised to see FIFA so high, It's hard to gauge Australian software sales, I haven't bought game in Australia for over 3 years import from either America or Europe and save myself at least $30. Wouldn’t affect the number in any significant way but it’s something to consider.

walsufnir said:

So Halo 4 in 3rd place even with PS3 "dominating"? Impressive! Would have been nice if they had shown the ratio of the sold multi-plats...

And? The only biggest execlusive in consoles last year... so you expected it to sell bad? PS3 sold more hardware and software than 360 in 2010, 2011 and 2012... befor that the 360 sold more.

You call for numbers here... the latest numbers are ~1.4 million for both consoles in late 2010 (1.34m for PS3 and 1.37m for 360) and after that PS3 sold more in 2011 and 2012... so make your maths.

The PS3 was the only console to have double digit sales growth year-on-year in Australia... at least in the first half of the year: http://www.gamespot.com/news/ps3-outsells-competitors-in-australia-in-first-half-of-2012-6397037 (yeah... it was up yoy in 2012 over 10%)... PS3 + PSP + Vita made up 43% of hardware sales in Aus in first-half 2012 too (you know Vita is dead and PSP not selling that much too... PS3 is having nice sales in Aus).

That's a fact.

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

So Halo 4 in 3rd place even with PS3 "dominating"? Impressive! Would have been nice if they had shown the ratio of the sold multi-plats...

And? The only biggest execlusive in consoles last year... so you expected it to sell bad? PS3 sold more hardware and software than 360 in 2010, 2011 and 2012... befor that the 360 sold more.

The only one? What about journey? But nonetheless - when reading this thread one could think that x360 isn't strong in AU but for a console that isn't strong Halo4 sold extremely good so the userbase seems quite high. And why should an exclusive sell good when the userbase is small?

And to numbers: I think it's bad that the actual numbers are missing, especially CoD: I am curious which version sold most, especially when comparing the actual sales-numbers of ps360. But as we don't have actual current numbers discussion is quite useless.

Around the Network

walsufnir said:

The only one? What about journey? But nonetheless - when reading this thread one could think that x360 isn't strong in AU but for a console that isn't strong Halo4 sold extremely good so the userbase seems quite high. And why should an exclusive sell good when the userbase is small?

And to numbers: I think it's bad that the actual numbers are missing, especially CoD: I am curious which version sold most, especially when comparing the actual sales-numbers of ps360. But as we don't have actual current numbers discussion is quite useless.

lol lol lol Journey is digital you know that.

PS3 was the cosole with most market share in software in 2012 in Aus... even with Halo 4 360 can't manage to reach the top spot lol.

Is quite useless because you think 360 is selling better than PS3 in Aus when in fact that's not happen since 2009 lol... Halo 4 is the only big exclusive selling last year... it's fine it enter in TOP10 (if it not enter I will call weird for sure)... but even with the biggest exclusive PS3 sold more software than 360 last year in Aus.

All we have are facts... not weird guesses like you did.

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

lol lol lol Journey is digital you know that.

PS3 was the cosole with most market share in software in 2012 in Aus... even with Halo 4 360 can't manage to reach the top spot lol.

you can turn it either way - you do it the ps3-fanboy-way, I do it the other way :)

walsufnir said:

you can turn it either way - you do it the ps3-fanboy-way, I do it the other way :)

Dude what part PS3 outsold in hardware and software the 360 in the last three years... and it's the only console up more than 10% in Aus in 2012 you don't get.

You are wrong even if I'm a fanboy (yes... I'm)... face it... you can do nothing to change that.

FACT > FANBOYSM!!!

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

Dude what part PS3 outsold in hardware and software the 360 in the last three years... and it's the only console up more than 10% in Aus in 2012 you don't get.

You are wrong even if I'm a fanboy (yes... I'm)... face it... you can do nothing to change that.

FACT > FANBOYSM!!!

I don't argue that PS3 outsold 360 in the last 3 years - where did I? I think it is impressive that *although* it was outsold the last 3 years a game for 360 manages to be 3rd place and it was released in *november*. You say Halo4 didn't manage to push 360 enough to outsell PS3, I say even when outsold Halo4 sold impressive numbers. So what, *Dude*?

And again, I still say we don't have actual and current *numbers*, you know, something like 1,2,3... not percentages or vague articles.

walsufnir said:
I don't argue that PS3 outsold 360 in the last 3 years - where did I? I think it is impressive that *although* it was outsold the last 3 years a game for 360 manages to be 3rd place and it was released in *november*. You say Halo4 didn't manage to push 360 enough to outsell PS3, I say even when outsold Halo4 sold impressive numbers. So what, *Dude*?

And again, I still say we don't have actual and current *numbers*, you know, something like 1,2,3... not percentages or vague articles.

Sorry what is vage in the article?

- NPD confirmed PS3 is up in Aus yoy over double-digit (>10%)... the only console to do that (at least in first half of the year).
- NPD confirmed PS3 the top console seller in hardware in 2012 in Aus with 27% marketshare (any other console/handheld sold less than 27% hardware units).
- NPD confirmed PS3 the top console seller in software n 2012 in Aus with 28.9% marketshare (any other console/handheld sold less than 28.9% software units).
- In the first half of 2012 PS3 + PSV + PSP have 43% of the market share (Wii + DS + 3DS + 360 = 47%).
- Halo is the only bigest exclusive for 360 (or PS3) in 2012... so big numbers.

What is vage? There is nothing vage in the article... only facts.