By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 dominates 2012 sales in australia

walsufnir said:
So ebgames is a fake-shop or what? If you doubt things they list there, why rely on their prices?

I thought everyone here already knew they were a joke. EB's price you listed $299 for 250gb. JB's is $289 with Halo and a HDMI. That being said recently PS3 has became much better value here, PS3 used to be $200 more and still did fantastic.

Back on topic, good for Sony especially with how strong the dollar is. Doubt they are going to see huge digital sales with a 12gb HDD... though our internet blows anyway.

Around the Network

To added...

Best Selling Games in Australia for 2012

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Halo 4
  4. FIFA 13
  5. Skylanders Giants
  6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  7. Diablo III
  8. Borderlands 2
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  10. Skylanders Spyros Adventure

Best Selling Games in New Zealand for 2012

2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Halo 4
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  5. Battlefield 3
  6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  7. FIFA 13
  8. Borderlands 2
  9. Mass Effect 3
  10. Far Cry 3

http://www.vooks.net/2012s-best-selling-video-games-for-australia-and-new-zealand-revealed/

ethomaz said:

To added...

Best Selling Games in Australia for 2012

2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Halo 4
  4. FIFA 13
  5. Skylanders Giants
  6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  7. Diablo III
  8. Borderlands 2
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  10. Skylanders Spyros Adventure

Best Selling Games in New Zealand for 2012

2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Halo 4
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  5. Battlefield 3
  6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  7. FIFA 13
  8. Borderlands 2
  9. Mass Effect 3
  10. Far Cry 3

http://www.vooks.net/2012s-best-selling-video-games-for-australia-and-new-zealand-revealed/

So Halo 4 in 3rd place even with PS3 "dominating"? Impressive! Would have been nice if they had shown the ratio of the sold multi-plats...

Biggest comeback in video game history.

Horrorfest said:

Yes, I never expected a comeback Nintendo had with Wii after the Gamecube-disaster!

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Horrorfest said:

Yes, I never expected a comeback Nintendo had with Wii after the Gamecube-disaster!

Gamecube did modestly fine. It got a small piece of the pie in its generation. I could rip apart this argument and I won't argue that obviously Nintendo did make a huge comeback in that they finally got back to the top but the PS3 was a disaster at the beginning and its turned around to reach 2nd place. Amazing.

Horrorfest said:
walsufnir said:
Horrorfest said:

Gamecube did modestly fine. It got a small piece of the pie in its generation. I could rip apart this argument and I won't argue that obviously Nintendo did make a huge comeback in that they finally got back to the top but the PS3 was a disaster at the beginning and its turned around to reach 2nd place. Amazing.

But really, the PS3 wasn't the biggest comeback in video game history - this title belongs to Nintendo and Wii, no doubt. Nintendo was 3rd last gen, even outsold by newcomer Xbox and came back this gen 1st with a huge distance to ps360. This has somehow changed now as Nintendo started the new gen early but to me it is a way bigger comeback than PS3.

Nintendo either got lucky that casuals bought into the Wii hype or were smart enough to purposely target them. In any case, that won't stop them finish 2nd this gen.

Lawlight said:
Nintendo either got lucky that casuals bought into the Wii hype or were smart enough to purposely target them. In any case, that won't stop them finish 2nd this gen.

When is this gen finished? But even if PS3 overtakes Wii at any time the new gen starts this year and Wii will always be considered as the leader of this gen.

It's not though. Even in the generation before Nintendo got smashed by Sony. The Nintendo 64 didn't do much better. Gamecube sold what 25 million? The N64 was around 32 million. Not to mention all the reasons for the comeback and other factors. Yes, Wii won the generation but it had horrible software sales besides their big Nintendo franchise games. I look at it all around. Not only has the PS3 made a come back in sales but in everything.