By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 dominates 2012 sales in australia

i guess 360 and Ps3 are pretty popular there but Ps3 more as of late is being dominating AUS market.

Good for Sony, those are strong number, can only be healthy for the company.

Sony problema is on Américas, if they can solve that Next Gen they will dominate but i doubt it, still its anyone´s game.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Andrew21 said:
kowenicki said:
27% is domination. To be fair Sony didn't say that the article writer did.

Shame SCEA of America aren't as revealing. Maybe they will be in tomorrow's NPD.

2012 USA X360 29% 

yep.  As I have said MANY times here.  Nobody has dominated this gen anywhere this time round.

i totally agree with this.

obviously everyone down here is buying ps3, its reasonably priced now with exclusives that even my xbox fanboy mates want. also we just released a 500gb red with 2 controllers and Crysis3 for $400 or red w/o Crysis for $380.

binary solo said:
kowenicki said:
27% is domination. To be fair Sony didn't say that the article writer did.

Shame SCEA of America aren't as revealing. Maybe they will be in tomorrow's NPD.

One must assume that this includes Wii U as well as Wii, as in a 3 horse race it is mathematically impossible to be number 1 with only 27%> I wouldn;t be at all surprised if this also included 3DS and PSVita.

I wonder if PS3's LTD has gone ahead of 360 yet. I know the last time this site actually reported Aus+NZ numbers (Boo Hiss that they stopped reporting this) 360 was still somewhat ahead.

SCEA aren't as revealing because PS3 is always so far behind 360. I'm guessing another month where 360 is streets ahead of anything else.

@ your most recent comment: Wii has dominated Japan with 54% I doubt PS3 takes Wii below 50% by the time PS4 rolls out. But then PS3 is reasonably close with 39%. So it's only the weakness of 360 there that makes Wii look good. But still, over 50% is over 50% which is dominant.

ps3 passed the 360 in Australia years ago

No idea what the numbers are for Australia

But July 2010, it was

Wii = 1.73 million
360 = 1 million (including NZ)
PS3 = 700k

Wii Balance Board = 1 million haha.

http://www.cnet.com.au/nintendo-sells-1-million-wii-fit-games-down-under-339304350.htm

Around the Network

That's for 2012, but overall surely the 360 still has a far bigger marketshare in OZ. I know that when I go to COD launches etc I'm one of the few people lining up to buy the PS3 version and they sell 5 xbox MW3 and Black Ops 2 to about 2 PS3 versions or at least it's always been that way at the stores I have gone to.

relapse said:
That's for 2012, but overall surely the 360 still has a far bigger marketshare in OZ. I know that when I go to COD launches etc I'm one of the few people lining up to buy the PS3 version and they sell 5 xbox MW3 and Black Ops 2 to about 2 PS3 versions or at least it's always been that way at the stores I have gone to.

the ps3 has been outselling the 360 and the wii for years

and the ps3 passed the 360, 2 years back

wii is slightly ahead though

Well... at the end of 2010 both consoles (PS360) are tied near 1.4 million units sold.

2011: PS3 dominates
2012: PS3 dominates

It's no brain to say Sony is ahead 360 today and near 2 million lifetime sales... that's big because The King (aka PS2) sold 2.5 million lifetime in Australia... PS3 is close to reach that number.

pezus said:

Australia behaves more like Europe than even UK lol, despite being an English-speaking country. Anyway, this has been a long time coming with PS3 gaining more and more each year there and I'm pretty sure I read a while ago that PS3 was ahead. Probably is "comfortably" ahead now, instead of just being a few dozen K's ahead

I think Australia is in the middle lol... the PS3 dominates but the 360 sales are close too... not like the others EU countries with 50% or more market share for PS3.

My guesses put the PS360 lifetime gap in Australia ~200-300k.

Awesome. Keep it up Sony.