By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA continues to defecate on Nintendo

Train wreck said:
KungKras said:
Train wreck said:
KungKras said:
bananaking21 said:
let me guess, EA is pist and angry at nintendo. they dont like them and want them to fail. lets all wear tin foil hats now and unveil this conspiracy against nintendo

Stop being stupid enough to assume that throwing around the words 'conspiracy' and 'tin foil hats' wins you the day.

Explain why EA's SPORTS games aren't coming to the Wii U then, despite their contracts. I dare you!

EA sports games are not coming to the Wii U because the market for their games is not viable on that particular system, its the same reason why Take Two is not bothering with MLB2K13 for the Wii U (maybe I should create a thread about that)

Wii U is a sucessor to a system where their games were viable.If that's the reason, they are horribly stupid.

Another question, why not 3DS, which is the only viable handheld atm? I'm sure noone out of those 22 million likes sports games.....

Because there are hundres of millions of cellphones they can make sports games for (and they do).  Stop limiting yourself, 3rd parties dont.

Yea, where they sell for like 5 cents.

Come on, that's a terrible excuse.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

That's why I just play PES

M.U.G.E.N said:
BuckStud said:

Is it really his loss?  I have every currently available system and will no longer purchase EA games new for any of them.  They've done plenty in the past few years to tick me off.  I have so many great games from other publishers, that I simply do not need EA games.

As for Nintendo, EA is ticked at them because they wanted Nintendo to use Origin for their online system on the Wii U...Nintendo turned them down....btw...Origin sucks, and is one of the reasons why I no longer purchase EA games.  I say good riddens to them.

Yes it definitely is. Listen, imho publishers and devs do shit to piss us off from time to time...pretty much everyone does this at one point or the other. But this is like cutting off your nose cuz you are angry with the face or something (I swear this sounds much better in my own language than it does in english lol) Not playing any EA game for 10 years+? That's crazy. Come on now even you must admit EA have made good games in the past 10 years. Won't do anyone any good if you boycott them. Buy them used or borrow them if you don't want to give the company money..No reason why you should deprive yourself of some good games 

"You cut off your own nose to spite your face"

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

KungKras said:
bananaking21 said:
let me guess, EA is pist and angry at nintendo. they dont like them and want them to fail. lets all wear tin foil hats now and unveil this conspiracy against nintendo

Stop being stupid enough to assume that throwing around the words 'conspiracy' and 'tin foil hats' wins you the day.

Explain why EA's SPORTS games aren't coming to the Wii U then, despite their contracts. I dare you!

dont call me stupid, who the hell are you to call me that? and look one post above yours genius and you can see why. 

KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

I want Mass Effect 4 on Wii-U to use with gamepad =(

There is no way Mass Effect would ever exist on the Wii U without severe dumbing down after the new consoles launch. The Wii U wouldnt be able to handle the scale that is expected from the new consoles.

I already have a beast of PC machine....i still wouldnt mind a dumb down version of it for Wii-U.......

**next time watch out for your bold statements again as if the consoles already been released and know what will happen.

Then your third party needs are more than met. You don't count. I am talking about Nintendo only owners.

Around the Network

I don't care about any EA game. But I have to admit they are important to a platform.

I remember them never supporting Sega's Dreamcast. Of course missing EA's support can hurt a system pretty badly given how popular some of their franchises are.

It's early, however, and if Nintendo manages to increase Wii U's installed base, surely EA should reconsider.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

I want Mass Effect 4 on Wii-U to use with gamepad =(

There is no way Mass Effect would ever exist on the Wii U without severe dumbing down after the new consoles launch. The Wii U wouldnt be able to handle the scale that is expected from the new consoles.

I already have a beast of PC machine....i still wouldnt mind a dumb down version of it for Wii-U.......

**next time watch out for your bold statements again as if the consoles already been released and know what will happen.

Then your third party needs are more than met. You don't count. I am talking about Nintendo only owners.

I do count. I said I want to use it with gamepad......obviously I prefer it on a Nintendo platform.

5 cents...OK.  

Madden (which on the iphone and ios are full featured), when the game is not on sale, cost $6.99 (with sales of .99 cents). so if you have 207.7 million smartphones that were sold in the past Q4 and EA was able to get lets say 4 million downloads at a price average of $4. you get 16 million in revenue, apple gets 35% so you are left with 10.4 million dollars.

The best selling madden for the 3DS and DS with their multimillion userbases is about 300k and it retailed at $30 dollars (most likely a short lived price), so lets say the publishers cut was 50% so 15$ @ 300k is  4.5m and that does not factor any of the brick and mortar trouble.

Yea, terrible excuse.

bananaking21 said:
KungKras said:
bananaking21 said:

dont call me stupid, who the hell are you to call me that? and look one post above yours genius and you can see why. 

Everyone who is obnoxious enough to try to shut down legitimate arguments with insults like "conspiracy theories" etc, I'll call whatever I want.

EA's history of animosity towards Nintendo is well documented. Trip Hawkins threw his shoe at the table of an investor meeting when he was forced to make games for the NES.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Train wreck said:

5 cents...OK.  

Madden (which on the iphone and ios are full featured), when the game is not on sale, cost $6.99 (with sales of .99 cents). so if you have 207.7 million smartphones that were sold in the past Q4 and EA was able to get lets say 4 million downloads at a price average of $4. you get 16 million in revenue, apple gets 35% so you are left with 10.4 million dollars.

The best selling madden for the 3DS and DS with their multimillion userbases is about 300k and it retailed at $30 dollars (most likely a short lived price), so lets say the publishers cut was 50% so 15$ @ 300k is  4.5m and that does not factor any of the brick and mortar trouble.

Yea, terrible excuse.

That was a gimped game on an early 3DS. Realistically, and with adequate features, it would do better. EA usually makes the sports games anywhere where they can profit, they obviously can on 3DS.

Do you know how many downloads EA actually gets?

I LOVE ICELAND!