By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disappointed by NSMBU

Gameplay vs Story, can't it be both? Nah, let's all just make fun of that idea. Right guys, right?

hehe, hehe, hehe... hehe..... *falls down a cliff*

Around the Network

I mean, I don't know what you expected story wise. Did you at least find the gameplay satisfying?

This is almost as controversial as a HappyDolphin thread. And that's saying a lot!

I felt this after playing NSMB on the DS.

Its really pretty obvious why Mario disappoints in sales these days. Its lagging behind Call of Duty for example, a game series that continues to innovate and push boundaries with story telling.

To compete with the big boys, Mario needs a drastic change.

It's a gripping tale of dispossessed children struggling to win their father's recognition in the face of his new favorite who has usurped their positions.

Maybe some of that got scrubbed out of the German translation?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I thought the lack of a good story was fine since everyone knows you buy these games for the online competitive multiplayer modes.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Off-topic: I'm really glad that you purchase your WiiU earlier then you planned to.

I dont believe you bought a WiiU. I think you just watched a Lets Play video for the story.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Mnementh said:
aikohualda said:
when will i see mario shoot a gun!? and kill zombies!!! yeah!!! zombies!!!!

That's a good and fresh idea. I think nobody so far thought about Zombies in games!

then if you tire of shooting gun.. mario can choose other job such as thief, mage, swordsman, cleric, etc etc... mariogasm

On a bit more serious note, Rol, I played the game and was disappointed so much was recycled from past NSMB games, it´s seriously lacking new content and the treatment that 3D Mario games get..each 3D Mario game is very different, new settings, new music (look at Mario Galaxy, Nintendo blew their load there)...2D Mario games used to be like that too, but all these NSMB games are way too similar for my tastes.