By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disappointed by NSMBU

Predictable story? c'mon the real reason behind the motivation isssue is the lack of achievements. Why play a game if I can't brag about them on Miiverse?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
JGarret said:
On a bit more serious note, Rol, I played the game and was disappointed so much was recycled from past NSMB games, it´s seriously lacking new content and the treatment that 3D Mario games get..each 3D Mario game is very different, new settings, new music (look at Mario Galaxy, Nintendo blew their load there)...2D Mario games used to be like that too, but all these NSMB games are way too similar for my tastes.

Yeah, Super Mario Galaxy 2 certainly was very different. At least the NSMB games have yet to stoop as low as copy-pasting a level from a previous game that was on the same system.

So seriously, what did you think of SMG2 after you had collected all 242 stars?

Oh, I had forgotten about Mario Galaxy 2, the exception to the rule..it was an odd move by them, two 3D Mario games in the same generation and recycling of the ideas from Mario Galaxy..if anything they should´ve made a second NSMB Wii, but not taking the lazy way but putting lots of new content, the way they used to on the NES.If they had done that then perhaps the Wii wouldn´t have been so bad during the last two years.

You just aren't looking hard enough. NSMBU effectively gives a deep analysis into human nature all while wrapping it under aesthetics accessible to everyone from children to well educated adults. If you look close enough, you will find the meaning of life and the origins of the universe. NSMBU has forever changed my outlook on reality.

RolStoppable said:
JGarret said:

Oh, I had forgotten about Mario Galaxy 2, the exception to the rule..it was an odd move by them, two 3D Mario games in the same generation and recycling of the ideas from Mario Galaxy..if anything they should´ve made a second NSMB Wii, but not taking the lazy way but putting lots of new content, the way they used to on the NES.If they had done that then perhaps the Wii wouldn´t have been so bad during the last two years.

I hope you realize that the NES was home to the laziest SMB sequel of all time. Things were so bad that the West received a different SMB2.

Also, it's quite a challenge to not recycle a lot of previous NSMB games, because the levels in those three games were pretty varied with most of them featuring things that only appear in one or two levels in each game. I found it quite amazing that Nintendo's level designers could still come up with so many new obstacles in NSMBU on top of the new enemies and references to Super Mario World.

Sure, you can fault Nintendo for yet again not introducing any new world themes, but they expanded the variety of the existing ones. Also, it's not like you can throw stuff like desert, water, ice, clouds etc. completely overboard, because they are staples of the genre. Not having them would be wrong too. Maybe we'll see a toy world or something else in the next NSMB. This one at least had new game modes as consolation which is progress in another area.

Agreed.

RolStoppable said:
JGarret said:

I hope you realize that the NES was home to the laziest SMB sequel of all time. Things were so bad that the West received a different SMB2.

Also, it's quite a challenge to not recycle a lot of previous NSMB games, because the levels in those three games were pretty varied with most of them featuring things that only appear in one or two levels in each game. I found it quite amazing that Nintendo's level designers could still come up with so many new obstacles in NSMBU on top of the new enemies and references to Super Mario World.

Sure, you can fault Nintendo for yet again not introducing any new world themes, but they expanded the variety of the existing ones. Also, it's not like you can throw stuff like desert, water, ice, clouds etc. completely overboard, because they are staples of the genre. Not having them would be wrong too. Maybe we'll see a toy world or something else in the next NSMB. This one at least had new game modes as consolation which is progress in another area.

Removing that annoying 'wah wah' music would be a good start :)

Around the Network
Player2 said:

Predictable story? c'mon the real reason behind the motivation isssue is the lack of achievements. Why play a game if I can't brag about them on Miiverse?

Miiverse has a brag feature, I'm sure of it!

lets play some Mario kart!

Lol, all of these rol trolling threads today on the wiiu are pretty funny.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Every time I go in a Rol thread, I feel I'm somewhere else, like in another dimension... yeah! @.@

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

No I didn't I liekd it - I loved it - I find it quite challenging - I love the mini games quite hard to complete 100% with all gold medals... was I expcting something more? No form the story line.

It is called New Super Mario Bros U the anem says it all.

Maybe an online or level design option would had made it better but still.

Switch!!!