By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disappointed by NSMBU

Bowser's monologue at the end was pretty good. When he gets into the child abuse and stuff. Heavy man. Heavy.

Around the Network

The story is so terrible. I was going to play with my little brother (who's 16) and we booted up the game together. I got so embarrassed in front of my little brother while watching the intro cinematic (because it was so kiddy) that I had to turn the game off. We haven't played it since. After that disaster, we booted up Call of Duty: Black Ops II instead and my brother and I put bullets through numerous heads and started feeling more comfortable about our manhood.

RolStoppable said:

It took me a couple of days to finish the game, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I played all the levels to get to Peach's Castle, kicked Bowser's butt and saved Princess Peach. But...

I kinda knew that this would be how the game ends. It left me wondering why I was playing the game when I knew the outcome of the story. What was the point? What was the damn point?

Did anybody else feel let down by the game's story?

Personally, I was surprised by the ending... never saw it coming.

And I agree, the story sucked.

Mario is so 'Breakfast Club'. Play LBP; it'll do your body better. It has a narrator.

Nah, you clearly missed how the entire game was a metaphor for the struggle between political ideologies.

When Bowser invaded the castle, it was supposed to echo the Occupy movement from the last year or so. Mario's quest to get back to the castle through all the various worlds was a representation of the pursuit of the almighty dollar, and the Goombas and all the other 'bad guys' represented all the little people tossed aside for money.

VGChartz

Around the Network

So it's basically the same as Super Mario Bros. on the NES? Wow, just wow. Glad I didn't buy it then.

when will i see mario shoot a gun!? and kill zombies!!! yeah!!! zombies!!!!

See I told you! Nintendo is all out of ideas.

Next Link is going to need to save Princess Zelda again. Just watch.

wfz said:

The story is so terrible. I was going to play with my little brother (who's 16) and we booted up the game together. I got so embarrassed in front of my little brother while watching the intro cinematic (because it was so kiddy) that I had to turn the game off. We haven't played it since. After that disaster, we booted up Call of Duty: Black Ops II instead and my brother and I put bullets through numerous heads and started feeling more comfortable about our manhood.

I can't imagine anything worse than being embarrassed by a younger sibling.  Good thing you had BO2 so you could go back to mature gaming.  CoD titles are known for their awesome stories and non repetitive gameplay.

aikohualda said:
when will i see mario shoot a gun!? and kill zombies!!! yeah!!! zombies!!!!

Mario Paintball from Activision.  Coming every year for the next 10 years.