By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if Sony got out of the gaming industry?

Nintendo + gaming PC. Then, I'd eventually go with a gaming PC after Nintendo releases Super Mario 45, Zelda 31, and Super Smash Brothers 52 Melee.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:

Nintendo + gaming PC. Then, I'd eventually go with a gaming PC after Nintendo releases Super Mario 45, Zelda 31, and Super Smash Brothers 52 Melee.

I find your lack of Platinums...disturbing

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

coolguy said:
i would retair from gameing

Easy there drama queen.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

platformmaster918 said:
adriane23 said:

I blame my backlog....

And that's only half.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

kain_kusanagi said:
brendude13 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

If Sony left the video game business they would sell off all their gaming IPs and developers. MS would probably buy up some like Naughty Dog and EA and Activision would buy up others. I could see Nintendo buying Media Molecule and some family friendly IPs like Ape Escape. My point is that your "preferred style" of gaming wouldn't be gone, it would just find other platforms to exist on. Take for example THQ. It died, but it's game's will live on.

It'd definitely be split over two platforms though. I would probably get both the Wii U and 720, a Western console and a Japanese console, but I'd still miss having it all on one platform along with the controller and features of a Playstation console.

The Playstation has a great library, but it hardly has it "all". Halo and Zelda are worth owning MS and Nintendo consoles alone and that's just the tip of the iceburg of reasons to own all consoles.

When you game on them all you don't really care what platform the games are on. I personly wouldn't not mind at all if all three got together and agreed on a single console. It would make my life easier and my wallet heavier.

Oh no, I wasn't saying that the Playstation has it "all". By "all" I was referring to the games and studios that would be split over the Wii U and 720. As for what platform the games are on, obviously the games come first, but having a strong console with good features and a fluid UI is a great bonus.

I agree about the last part, heavier wallet for sure.

Around the Network

I'd play on the same platforms I've always played on and hoped they would absorb the third party support left by the PS consoles.

I LOVE ICELAND!

adriane23 said:
platformmaster918 said:
adriane23 said:

I blame my backlog....

And that's only half.

I don't think I've bought that many games in my life lol

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers