By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if Sony got out of the gaming industry?

platformmaster918 said:
Grandia said:
I am sure that most if not all of the now Ps3 Fanboys would get an Xbox than and it would not make a real difference. The successful Sony IPs would anyway still farther exist either other publishers like EA, and Activisoin would buy there IPs and Studios like it was the case with THQ a few weeks ago, or Sony would keep there IPs and goes the way to become a publisher for their own like Sega does after their Dreamcast end.

So i am sure after a few months of crying it would not matter for the former Sony fans anymore.

I would rather Nintendo go third party.  I don't want to pay for online but I want the hardware to be powerful for these new IPs to be as big and bad as possible.  I also would hate xbox because if Sony ever did leave the games industry it would probably be because of MS.  If Nintendo went third party and brought their franchises to Playstation though...the universe might explode with awesomeness.  New Sony IPs every gen full of story and variety and epic scale pushing the hardware while Nintendo brings those beloved money makers with mechanics polished over 20 years to near perfection onto the system.  It could outdo even the mighty PS2 if that happened.

Yes I as well don't want to pay for online but I anyways don't play that often online, so if Microsoft and their Xbox would be the only option out, than it would be not that a big difference for me.

Around the Network

i would kill myself, nintendo is to casual for me, and microsoft is to western for me

playstation will always have the perfect balance

I would probably be glad. 3 consoles is too much. I would prefer the most dedicated "japanese" & "western" consoles, meaning Nintendo's & Microsoft's, which I both own, to fill each others gap in games. Companies would split between those two while moving away from Sony, so it can only be a win-win situation having only 2 consoles in the market.

Watching the events of the cosmos unfold in tears and solitude

Err, buy games as usual.

Cassiel said:
I would probably be glad. 3 consoles is too much. I would prefer the most dedicated "japanese" & "western" consoles, meaning Nintendo's & Microsoft's, which I both own, to fill each others gap in games. Companies would split between those two while moving away from Sony, so it can only be a win-win situation having only 2 consoles in the market.

that is just silly, the ps3 is the only console that is both eastern and western, you don't take away the perfect balance

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
Ronster316 said:
@ ClassicGamingWizz.

When SEGA left, i continued console & handheld gaming (yes, even on sony devices like the ps2 & psp).

There was no sudden urge to "go pc only" and i certainly never considered quitting gaming.

As for hurting sony........... lots of "so called" gamers who had the opportunity to but never bought the Saturn or Dreamcast hung SEGA out to dry, so why should i show any remorse for sony?

yeah a lot of people didn't buy Dreamcast or Saturn because we were more interested in other consoles and their exclusives more.  I didn't, and I don't know anyone who did, hate SEGA and buy those 2 second hand and 30 games for them just to hurt SEGA.  Hell i even buy Nintendo first party games new and they overcharge for those damn things even when they're from 07 or 08

I preferred the Megadrive, but still bought a SNES, i preferred the Saturn, but still bought an N64 & ps1, I preferred the Dreamcast, but still bought a Gamecube, Xbox & ps2.

So how exactly is not buying a SEGA console at all any help to SEGA? (Interested in other consoles games more or not)

A lot of you neglected SEGA, and thus when sony hang i won't bat an eyelid.

Sony is the gaming industry.

I would either go to PC or hope that microsoft don't shaft it's customers too badly with it's next console.

Nintendo would never be a viable gaming option for me because I am simply not interested in their first party titles and their third party support is often limited.

I would keep playing Nintendo as usual

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I would drink wine, have sex, video tape both, post the video on my YT account with the title: "We Win"

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.